PDA

View Full Version : Gator Bowl Trip- day 5

MarkC
01-04-2009, 03:34 PM
It's now game day and we're in Jacksonville. Weather is much cooler but still pleasant. Nebraska wins a close game but I will give a tip of the cap to the Clemson fans. I had been at the Orange Bowl game they beat us in 1981, and they were nice then and they were nice now-- before, during and after the game. Great sports.

Now it was time to drive home. The boys were again determine to drive straight through, so we ran to the car and started the 1320 mile drive. We made it in 20 hours and arrived home at noon the following day-- tired but very happy with a great trip. The boys were great and helped with driving. No arguments and no problems whatsoever.

For those of you considering a Christmas trip, I would tell you it will be a great trip if you are willing to get up early and see the parks. If you like to sleep in, try another time.

One last item-- kudos to Disney for not bowing to PC correctness. I loved the Candlelight Processional and decorations in the parks. Plus they were packing them in as well. Also kudos to the celebs who are brave enough to take the risk and participate.

Thanks for reading. Mark

irish1967
01-04-2009, 06:57 PM
Mark - sounds like an excellent trip! Thanks for sharing. :mickey:

pdrlkr
01-05-2009, 10:07 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

VWL Mom
01-05-2009, 10:14 AM
Sounds like your trip was a major success. Thanks for sharing your reports.

faline
01-05-2009, 09:00 PM
Glad you enjoyed the game and your Disney time! Thanks for reporting!

mouseketeer mom
01-06-2009, 06:44 AM
Thanks Mark! Loved your reports!