PDA

View Full Version : Length of Trip - cant decide what day to leave

MindyMouse76
01-04-2009, 02:36 PM
Hello!

This is my 5th trip to Disney (others were 4th grade, 11th grade, 12th Grade High School Trip, and in 2000).

Ok - here is my delema. We (my, my husband, and our 4yr. old daughter - her first trip) are going to fly from Philadelphia to Orlando on Tuesday November 10th. Have that as just a travel day and arrive at POFQ. Probably do a flight around noon time. Hopefully check into the hotel by 4pm. Then my plan was to just go to Downtown Disney that night. Then do a 7 day pass (most likely with hopper). Our goal is do get to the parks when they open and then after lunch go back to the hotel for a break/nap - and then go back by 4sh and finish the nights there (that is our goal!). Based on crowds then - should we come home Tuesday night (last of the 7 day pass) or come home on Wed. morning. I am leaning towards Tuesday night. My plan is one (or even a half) day at Animal Kingdom. 2 entire full days at Magic Kingdom and possibly 2 days at the Epcot/MGM. But that is why I want the hopper - incase the second day is really only a half day at MGM/Epcot. Do you feel my the last day we will be OK getting a 5 or 6pm flight and not feeling like we missed showing our daughter something. I hate paying 170 for the room the last day just to go home in the morning...

Hope this all makes sense!
Mindy

mitchsfan
01-04-2009, 03:06 PM
Greetings from Philadelphia!!

As someone who took his son when he was 2 and then again when he was 3, I understand your dilemna. You want to make sure that he/she gets the full Disney experience.

My son loved the shows, fireworks, and some of the character greetings. Therefore he loved Magic Kingdom and Disney Studios. We could have spent a day in the Animal Kingdom and a day in Epcot instead of 2 each.

So what I am trying to say is that you could probably get away with leaving that night and not have to worry about missing something.

Enjoy your trip!

disneymom15
01-04-2009, 03:23 PM
I always try to schedule the lastest flight out of Orlando for that very reason. I hate having to get up real early to catch departing flight.

Tink276
01-04-2009, 03:36 PM
My family & I went in '06 w/ my then 1-1/2 & 4 yr. old children. We were absolutely exhausted by the 7th day anyways! I would think you would be more than fine by booking a late flight on Tues. evening! Also, if your child is at least 40" there is going to be so much for her to do! I would definitely plan for at least one full day in each park especially AK! Also, I would lookup Intercots recommendations on the best days to go to which park. We made the mistake of going to MK on a Monday, won't make that mistake again! Good Luck!:mickey:

Feb. '09 L & S Polynesian/Wonder
Apr '06 Grand Floridian
June '99 Offsite
May '93 Disneyland
Nov. '91 Offsite

MindyMouse76
01-04-2009, 04:11 PM
Awesome - thanks for all of the info.

yes - she is 41 inches now (tall for her age). So that is good to know for the rides.

Also - just curious - where do I read that it is bad to go to MK on Mondays.... what is wrong with Mondays. I was actually planning on going there on Wed - our first full day!!

Beast_fanatic
01-04-2009, 08:04 PM
The theory behind Mondays being bad at the Magic Kingdom is that most people that drive tend to arrive on Sunday, and they make the Magic Kingdom their first park, so it's busier that day. I have personally been to the Magic Kingdom on Mondays where it was significantly busier than on other days in the same trip.

TinyDancer
01-04-2009, 09:22 PM
One thing to remember is that if you have a 5pm flight, you will have to leave WDW around 2pm. Add to that any additional time you'll need to get READY to leave and your evening flight is quickly taking up a large part of the day. Could you add on a night at a value and have Disney transport your bags during your last day? Check out of your first hotel in the morning on the way to the parks, and see if you can check in at the new one when you go back for a nap. You might have to push your nap time a little back, but on your last day you might push through anyway!

mrmcgiv
01-05-2009, 11:09 AM
we had a 3:30 flight and had to be at the bus stop by 12:30, so for DME allow 3 hours which does not leave you much of a morning anyhow. PLus Ak does not open until 9 I think. I believe the Morning EMH are Monday. Didn't you say you were going to AK that day.

I went crazy trying to squeeze everything in, but chances are you will be back!!!!! I would just leave on Tues. Did you get the buy 4 get 3 fee? Wouldn;t that last night be free anyhow ?

GL