PDA

View Full Version : Trip w Nephews Pt 3 DD & Boardwalk

Crow
01-04-2009, 01:08 PM
will be at POFQ so close to DD.
Boardwalk: close to both Epcot & DHS so may stop to eat
ESPN-Never been there but the 1 nephew esp likes sports
Spoodles-Tried it last trip & thought it was pretty good
(I would go to FF as I loved it, but the nephews arent into fish)
DD:
Planet Hollywood- I know not many like it but Ive eaten here a few times, the nephews may like the atmosphere & the pkg includes a $15 voucher for PH
Raglan Rd- I liked the Fish & Chips :beer: and if we go later can see the dancers (the nephews are good dancers)
Earl of Sandwhich-havent tried but Ive wanted to
Wolf Puck Express- Pizza! Id like to try here also
Vote for 1 for Boardwalk & your top 3 for DD from the list

SBETigg
01-04-2009, 02:49 PM
I went with Spoodles because it is more of a meal experience and you can make ADRs, but if the nephews are really into sports and your mood is laid back, I would go with ESPN.

For Downtown, I really love Raglan Road. But keep in mind that there's only one dancer, not a whole dancing experience. The band is loud but fun. The dancer is an Irish step dancer who comes out for two or three dances on a tabletop stage. She's cute and the costume changes are fun, so maybe that would appeal to the nephews or maybe not, depending on the nephews.

VWL Mom
01-04-2009, 03:07 PM
Based on their ages, I voted for PH. Even though the food is nothing special DS13 & DS17 really enjoy it there. They play music videos on the big screen and a few times they did some audience participation things. I would recommend an ADR if possible and request to sit downstairs.

ElenitaB
01-04-2009, 03:19 PM
Crow, I didn't vote for either ESPN or PH because you can always make a trip to NYC with them another time and experience those restaurants here.

Don't know their tastes so Spoodles may not be up their alley... however, I definitely DO recommend a trip to the Boardwalk because of all the live entertainment going on there every evening. How about a trip to Beaches & Cream (which wasn't on your list) for really good burgers and then head over to the Boardwalk to hang out?

Crow
01-05-2009, 01:37 AM
Im sorta leaning towards PH since we will have a voucher & they may like the atmosphere...and mayb Wolf since it may b the only decent pizza on property.
although a cute dancer at RR may appeal to me.....
the Boardwalk area is a thought not a def as Im an Epcot kinda guy.