PDA

View Full Version : Dining w the Nephews Buffets/Allu can eats

Crow
01-04-2009, 12:55 PM
Easter wk. Trip w 2 nephews 13 & 15 (their first trip) I know the buffets are higher that wk by $4 or so. Vote as if no DDP (which I probably wont do but...) and will probably do a few buffets. Please give opinions
My thoughts:
Trails End- the best bang for the buck & Ive liked it in the past but havent been there since they changed it. Nice boat ride to get there.
Ohanas-never been...I know most like it
Biergarten- not my fav but there is:beer:
Tusker House-also never been

SBETigg
01-04-2009, 02:42 PM
At 13 and 15, I think the nephews are slightly above the age of being impressed with the dancing and oompah band at Biergarten, plus the food is also not my favorite. I would probably skip that one.

ElenitaB
01-04-2009, 03:36 PM
Trail's End does have that nice boat ride over and they recently changed the lunch menu back to what it had been before. Might be a good choice and a nice break from the parks.

I don't think you can go wrong with 'Ohana, particularly if your DNs are carnivores. Was recently there with two 13 yr olds and they really enjoyed it.

We haven't been to TH yet either but it's high on my list of "must try's."

KatMark
01-04-2009, 05:09 PM
Of the four you mention, we love Biergarten and do it every other trip. We did Ohanas a long time ago but have not been back since they changed it from Minnie to Stitch and from buffet to family style. We don't like Stitch and prefer buffet to family style. Our favorite buffet is breakfast at the Crystal Palace with Pooh and friends.

betteratmk
01-04-2009, 05:36 PM
Just wondering, if you are going to do alot of table service meals and as the Mom to 5 boys, why not the DDP?

Crow
01-05-2009, 01:40 AM
Im leaning towards Trails End & Ohana..
im still debating the DDP, for me its too much w desserts every meal. and a buffet doesnt always make the best use of DDP.