PDA

View Full Version : First time for March; a bunch of questions...

deva
01-04-2009, 11:41 AM
This one is for the Disney planning experts here on Intercot.

I've been to the World several times with and without kids. Up until now I've always managed to go during slow times (October, January, early November), but I just booked a somewhat-last minute trip for the end of March. I'm looking for advice/comments on going during March vs. the slow times I talked about.

I will be arriving one day early with my 4-year-old daughter. We will be ready to hit the parks for 1/2 a day starting around 3 or 4 on Saturday, March 28. The Unofficial Guide gives that day a 7 on the crowd calendar. What park should I hit with my daughter?

The Unofficial Guide gives the other days I will be there (Sun-Wed) 5's. I know they use scientific data to determine this, but does this sound too good to be true for the end of March?

What is the weather typically like at the end of March? Is it swim weather for youngsters? I know the pool is heated, but my kids don't like to swim if its cold.

I've been to Epcot many times during the Food/Wine time, but never during the Flower/Garden show. Does the Flower/Garden show affect attendance at Epcot like Food/Wine does?

Thank you.

Sunshine1010
01-04-2009, 12:14 PM
subscribing

teambricker04
01-04-2009, 02:28 PM
Personally, I make a spreadsheet to help me sort out my days and then put under each day the hours of operations for each park. I highlight which parks are heavy traffic days. I don't use the unoffical guide, so I can't base it off that, but typically it goes something like this:
Heavy Days
Sunday - MK
Monday - MK, AK
Tuesday - DHS, AK
Wednesday - EPCOT, DHS
Thursday -
Friday - EPCOT
Saturday - MK, DHS

Then I try to coordinate our days around the heavier days. I try not to start out at a crowded park, but we may end up there as the day goes on. Also, I mark the parks with EMH. Some we will do EMH, but some we won't. We have had great experiences with the evening EMH at DHS and MK and mornings at EPCOT. We don't go near AK when it has an EMH... for some reason it is just a mad house there when we have tried.

I have been to WDW during spring break twice, but never with kids. I don't remember thinking it was insane, but I had all the time in the world and only me to worry about. I have thought that the parks were crazier during summer vacation than spring break.

As far as swimming, I think that you should be fine planning on swimming during the day. We have been swimming at the water parks and the resort at this time of year. It is much different than swimming in the ocean, which can still be quite cool.

I don't think there are as many things to do with the flower and garden show. It is quite enjoyable, but not something that will plug up the parks.

Good luck with your plans!

tjstrike
01-05-2009, 08:05 AM
Where do you find this unofficial guide for the park crowds ?

deva
01-05-2009, 09:51 AM
on their website (am I allowed to post it?). Click on "crowd calendar." You need to be a subscriber or own the book to see beyond 30 days.