PDA

View Full Version : Health Club Questions @ BC

Dream'nDisney
01-04-2009, 10:41 AM
1. Our son will be a few months shy of being 14 - will they allow him in the health club with us?:lift:

2. Are there lockers in there so that we can leave our cameras, purse, etc. after we check in to the hotel, so that we can change and use the pool before our room is ready?:swim:

3. Also, I thought I read where there is an indoor whirlpool there, is that true?
Thanks! :mickey:

animalkingdomguy
01-04-2009, 11:11 AM
I can't answer the question about lockers. It would seem logical that lockers would be available. The rules posted at all Health club facilities on WDW property state, The minimum age at Disney’s Health Clubs is 14. Guests ages 14 – 17 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. WDW staff adhere strictly to all rules posted by WDW, so it's very quite unlikely that your son will be allowed into The Ship Shape Health Club. The club does have a sauna, steam room and whirlpool spa.

TammiMcMan
01-04-2009, 12:34 PM
For insurance reasons, Disney has to stand firm on the age rules.

My husband said that he does recall them having lockers available and that the whirlpool was nice.

playdead88
01-04-2009, 01:26 PM
yeah the 14 yr old thing kind of hurts - my dd8 is a competitive gymnast with a USGA member card and # - they will not let her in - she knows her way around a gym better than most adults but no dice - she just goes out to the play gym and does her pull ups and toe touches and she does sit ups in the room - this year we are going the week after states which is her last meet of the season so hopefully she'll take a break - eat some icecream and hit the gym when we get home!

TammiMcMan
01-04-2009, 06:56 PM
yeah the 14 yr old thing kind of hurts - my dd8 is a competitive gymnast with a USGA member card and # - they will not let her inMy son is a competitive skater and while I know everyone needs a vacation sometime, we have gone to Florida with his skates for continued training. I'm not sure if gymnastic clubs are the same, but we were able to research skating rinks in the area and get some time. Your daughters trainer may know someone in the area that she could work with (if necessary).

playdead88
01-05-2009, 06:02 AM
thanks for the idea tammi! our boys team goes to a gym in orlando for a clinic so im gonna check and see how far away from disney the gym is - :mickey: