PDA

View Full Version : POFQ Preffered Room Request?

MindyMouse76
01-04-2009, 09:48 AM
I think after much reseach we will finally go with POFQ. It is a family of 3 with a 4 yr. old daughter - going in November for 8 nights. What building should I request. I do NOT think we will pay extra for a water view. We can walk to it if we want to see it. We however, want to be close to the pool ( I think) and near the playground - and to far of a walk to the Bus Stop and Food Court (breakfast mostly). I was thinking of either Building 2 or 5. My concern is - is that area get very loud? Especially if we go back for a nap? We will be going from Nov. 10th to 17th. - which I hear isn't to bad with crowds.
Finally - this is a stupid question - who do I call to book this? I think for now - I will just book the room - depdending on the specials then - depends if we will get the tickets through my work (12% discount), or do it with Disney and possibly get dinning included. I assume we can always add the tickets and dining later -right?
THanks!
Mindy

PetefromRI
01-04-2009, 10:49 AM
POFQ doesn't have preferred rooms but the resort is small enough that even the farthest buildings aren't terribly far.I'd request building #4,it's near the foodcourt and busstop.We started using Magical Journeys travel agents,not only are they the best but they are also a sponsor of this site.If a better deal comes up they will switch your ressie and save you lots of money.Do yourself a favor and follow the sponsor link to your bottom left.We tried them a couple of years ago and never looked back.Good Luck!

tinksmom02
01-04-2009, 03:40 PM
I agree with Pete, building 4 is pretty central to everything. I wouldn't worry about the noise; although the resort is small, it never seems crowded or noisy (well, maybe the food court if you're there during peak periods).

I also agree that you should contact MJ to help you book your trip. They should be able to help you determine what you should do to get the best bang for your buck.

CleveRocks
01-06-2009, 05:22 PM
I was thinking of either Building 2 or 5.
I know anything's possible, but when booking a standard room, it's less likely to get Building 2 or Building 5 than just about any other building. This is due to geography ... at least half of all the rooms in those 2 buildings face the pool or the river, meaning that there are fewer standard rooms in those buildings than in most other buildings.

So the numbers wuld be against you getting your request of one of those two buildings. It wouldn't be impossible at all, just slightly less likely.

Frog
01-07-2009, 04:26 PM
We were as far away as you could get from the main building... And LOVED it anyway... you cant go wrong at POFQ! The walk to the main building is even cool family time together!! Yall have fun, and post up when you get back (to tell us we were right ;) )

Bri
01-08-2009, 11:53 AM
when we stayed at POFQ we paid for a king bed room and it was on the first floor of building 2 right across from the pool. The only time you could hear people is when they were walking directly past your door. it was really a great location and like others have said POFQ is so small it really doesn't matter what building you are in. also, i would definatly suggest booking with MJ, they are great, we booked our trip this past december through them and it was so easy and hassel free!

biodtl
01-12-2009, 03:47 PM
We were in building 5 and never had a problem with noise.

Magic Smiles
01-16-2009, 08:37 PM
Our first trip to POFQ we were in bldg 5. Loved it and requested bldg 5 for our next visit. Got a great room in bldg 5. Had a view of both the courtyard and the river. Next visit asked for bldg 5, specifically the same room as 2nd visit. Got it!
Fourth visit, asked for bldg 5.........got bldg 2 looking towards the pool......didn't like it. Guess we had been spoiled.
Fifth visit, 20th anniversary trip, asked for bldg 5......got some bldg overlooking the storage area for the cleaning staff :shake: I was not happy, especially as they knew it was an anniversary trip.
So you can request, but it is not guaranteed. However, as previously posted the resort is so small that all bldgs are within walking distance of the food court, pool and bus stops.

cgriff
01-16-2009, 08:45 PM
Ahhh yeeessss, Palace of the Frog Queen...

:frog: enjoy your stay! :frog: