PDA

View Full Version : Which Restaurant for a Romantic Dinner?

Luthien Tinuviel
01-03-2009, 10:53 PM
Hi,
My husband and I are joining my family (my parents and brother) for a trip to Disney World this coming April. We thought it would be nice for the two of us to spend an evening on our own. That said, we are looking for a good place for a romantic dinner. Right now we have it narrowed down to Citricos, Narcoosee's, The Flying Fish Cafe, Jiko, and Artist Point (that's not really narrowed down, I know!). I have never been to any of these restaurants so I'm just looking for some opinions. We like lots of different kinds of food and are willing to try anything. Thanks for your help!

DisneyGlutton
01-03-2009, 11:22 PM
I would have to go with Narcoossee's because it is pretty dark with candles at the table and that is requisite for a romantic restaurant, no? It also has a nice view of the lagoon and the MK. Granted I have never had a romantic dinner at WDW, since I've gone with either my parents or best friend. Jiko is also pretty dark if I recall correctly, and has more innovative food than Narcs (though Narc has lobster if that's your thing).

Pirate Granny
01-03-2009, 11:58 PM
I've eaten at all the restaurants except Citricos...but I've peeked into the restaurant. I believe all except the Flying Fish would be fine...the Flying Fish is very loud and not very romantic...so, check out the menu's and go to the one that has the food that you think you may enjoy...

Oh Yea...the food at the Flying Fish was good, just not much atmosphere.

:pirate:

DisneyGlutton
01-04-2009, 12:52 AM
I believe all except the Flying Fish would be fine...the Flying Fish is very loud and not very romantic...

Oh Yea...the food at the Flying Fish was good, just not much atmosphere.

:pirate:

I totally agree. FF is great, but the atomosphere is more fun and lively than romantic.

pox24
01-04-2009, 08:12 AM
Most of the romantic dining options are noisy. However we found the San Angel Inn perfect for atmosphere and mood. However the food is average. Best food option with semi noisy atmosphere we like the Artist Point at night at the window looking over the Falls.

pianobabe
01-04-2009, 12:26 PM
I have to go with Narcoossee's. DH and I have eaten there for our anniversary the past several years and it has been wonderful. We have had wonderful service, the food has been delicious and the atmosphere is excellent. :cloud9:

big blue and hairy
01-04-2009, 12:55 PM
I haven't been to Narcoosee's but DW and I loved Citrico's. I would recommend it.

:sulley:

Tinkerbellfan
01-04-2009, 06:34 PM
Hello,

We (a party of only 2 adults) have dined at all of the restaurants you have listed. And for a romantic dinner, I would recommend either Jikos or Artist Point. We found each of these restaurants to be among the more quiet restaurants at WDW. And, I have found each restaurant does a great job at sitting adult only parties with other adult only parties.

The food and service at both of these restaurants are great.

We really enjoy Flying Fish and Narcossee's but I personally wouldn't characterize either one of these restaurants as romantic.

Overall, I think the most romantic restaurant at WDW is California Grill if you can schedule your meal properly to allow you to watch the Wishes fireworks.

harlowandthemermaid
01-04-2009, 07:10 PM
I love the Artist Point for a romantic dinner! It's usually nice and quiet, although we were seated next to a rather large rowdy party once. The food is great and you can take a nice walk through the ground of WL when you are done. The Berry cobbler dessert is amazing!

Cheloconnell
01-04-2009, 07:10 PM
My husband and I enjoyed a wonderful meal for our 10th Anniversary at the California Grill. If you time it properly, you can watch the fireworks at the Magic Kingdom - the best seat unless you are actually staying at the Contemporary. They gave us a wonderful anniversary dessert surprise and also came over and took a picture of us and emailed it to us at home. They were fabulous - I highly recommend it. I also think Artist Pointe is a wonderful pick as well. I haven't been in a few years, but I remember having a wonderful time :mickey: Enjoy!!

TheRustyScupper
01-05-2009, 11:40 AM
1) The decision is coming down to the wire.
2) The ADR planner is rounding third and going for home.
3) Suddenly, out of left field . . .

4) I would pick Bistro de Paris (Epcot, France, upstairs).
5) This is one of only five eateries in WDW we patronize.
. . . quiet and subdued
. . . few kids, because no kids menu
. . . attentive waiters (for the French)
. . . different clientèle, as they do not take DDP

SurferStitch
01-05-2009, 12:49 PM
I'm so glad you have Narcoossee's on your list! That's our favorite restaurant other than V&A!! I definitely have to recommend that one. Ask for Tom as your server (if he's working). He's the best we've ever had at any restaurant on property!

We've dined at all of the ones in your list. We didn't like Artist Point. It seemed like a big, loud dining hall (I know others say it's quiet, but it was quite boisterous when we were there in October). Service was lackluster, and the food was bland. My scallops were barely cooked, and DH didn't like his pork chop (said it had no flavor). Flying Fish has great food, but isn't romantic. Our table for two was wedged between the windows and a large support column. The server had a hard time serving DH on his end of the table because of it.

On our two visits to Citricos, we had two very bad experiences with the wait staff. A lot of attitude and rude/dishonest behavior. We won't be returning any time soon.

Disney Yankee
01-05-2009, 06:02 PM
I went to the California Grill with my husband for a romantic dinner two years ago and loved it! :cloud9:

Then we took my mom and dad there for their anniversary last year. If you let them know that you are celebrating a special occasion, they will help you celebrate. :party:

We have been to Narcoosees and I liked that too, but I think being at the California Grill either at sunset or during Wishes is more romantic.:heart: I would even choose the Cali Grill over Victoria and Albert's :secret:.

StillSimbaGirl
01-05-2009, 10:22 PM
Bistro. Very few children. Less crowded - no DDP.
I ate there twice last time...just to have some quiet time.

SurferStitch
01-06-2009, 12:34 PM
I have to make an edit to my previous post since I can't do it in the original....

The bad seating was at Artist Point, not Flying Fish. The seating at FF is very nice. I added that note in the wrong spot of my post.

Sorry about that! :blush:

Luthien Tinuviel
01-07-2009, 06:23 PM
Thanks for all the info and suggestions everyone. I think we've decided to go with Narcoossee's. I really like seafood and the Grand Floridian and I know we'll never be able to stay there, so I guess dining there is the next best thing! We considered Bistro de Paris, but alas, due to our current financial situation, we need to stick to restaurants that are on the dining plan. Also considered the San Angel Inn, but this is my dad's favorite restaurant, so we'll be there at some point during the trip anyway. I hope we made the right choice, but then, it sounds like we probably can't go wrong. Thanks again for all your help!

SurferStitch
01-08-2009, 10:10 AM
You made a fantastic choice! You will not be disappointed. Narcoossee's is fabulous! Enjoy your dinner!

ibrowse17
01-08-2009, 11:15 AM
I would suggest either Artist's Point or the Yatchsman. Both a quiet and offer very romantic surroundings. At the YM you can walk over from Epcot and enjoy the waterfront views. At AP, you can take a boat to get there and might see a waterfall from your table.:thumbsup: