PDA

View Full Version : Recent POFQ eating reviews or Boatwrights

Crow
01-03-2009, 08:40 PM
just changed to POFQ for Easter wk. my 2nd time there but its been a few trips ago & i dont remember eating there much (did try the beignets)
anyone eaten at the food court or walked to Boatwrights to try it?
not sure how much i will eat there, as i eat at other places around the World, but the nephews will be with me so Im sure there will b a pizza or some meals there.
and will probably ride the boat to DD for some grub

nicjohn3
01-03-2009, 08:47 PM
We have stayed at POR a few times, however, stayed at CSR this past November. One day we left a park to go to POFQ for lunch. We had philly steak sandwich, burgers between us. They were pretty good. We have had their pizza in the past-good. 2 CS will get you a large pizza. It is a food court so you have many different choices. You can also walk or take boat to POR for more choices.

Beignets are a MUST-the main reason why we went to FQ

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-03-2009, 09:28 PM
We love POFQ! The food court is more than fine, they have the regular pizza, burgers, hot dogs and a good selection of wraps and hot/cold sandwiches.

The beignets are a must for DH, he just loves them. We haven't been to Boatwrights in a couple of trips, but had a great breakfast (stuffed french toast) a couple of trips ago.

Enjoy!

PlutoLover
01-03-2009, 09:30 PM
For a sit down dinner I really enjoyed boatwrights, I thought my meal was really good as did the rest of my family. As for the food court at POFQ, it just reminded me of all the QS meals around the world, not bad but nothing to write home about. It's good for a quickie breakfast or lunch.

KatMark
01-03-2009, 10:28 PM
We ate at Boatwright's last year for our last ts of the trip. It was the worse meal of our last six trips (although WCC tied it this year). The host was rude (we were seated 45 minutes past our ADR as other diners who came after us were showed to their table); the service was the second worse we ever encountered (second only to H&V); the food was medicore at best (sent my steak back twice); you couldn't hear yourself think because it is right next to the food court and the piano bar person. We won't go back for dinner--that is for sure. However, we are trying breakfast in September as hubby really wants to try the sweet potato pancakes.

Pirate Granny
01-03-2009, 11:52 PM
We ate at Boatwrights in November...the food was OK...the service was horrible...we almost considered not using our DDE so that we would not have to leave a tip...we were seated right away (the restaurant was empty) and it took the waitress 30 minutes to take our orders and another 30 minutes for the food to arrive...and it was only warm... and no, she only had our section...we didn't see her in other areas.

The only drawback about DDE (or Tables of Wonderland) is that they know that they will be receiving an 18% tip, regardless of their service. :mad:

ElenitaB
01-04-2009, 03:54 PM
It's been many years that we've eaten at Boatwright's. Sounds like thing have changed. :(

Crow, the POFQ food court is good but do NOT order room service pizza unless it's really late at night and you guys are starved. Otherwise, you may be really disappointed. You'd do better ordering pizza from someplace offsite like Domino's or Papa John's.

Magic Smiles
01-04-2009, 04:58 PM
My family loves the food at POFQ and eat many of our meals there. We have simple tastes......no fancy dining for us. On our last visit we wandered over to the food court at POR to try it out as they have a different selection. We would never eat there again, as none of us enjoyed that meal. Have never tried Boatwrights as we are not really into table service dining. Takes too much time out of our day.

Kairi_7378
01-07-2009, 08:56 AM
I'm a morning person and I liked the atmosphere at POFQ's food court in the morning. The CM's were friendly and perky. The beignet maker was throwing chocolate mardi gras coins on the trays of guests who he thought needed some pixie dust. Husband is not a morning person and probably wouldn't have enjoyed this so I went by myself to get breakfast. For dinner, we liked the jambalaya. (I can't imagine ordering a Philly steak sandwich at WDW...) We haven't tried Boatwrights.

tinksmom02
01-07-2009, 10:50 AM
POFQ food court is pretty good...selection could be larger...we ordered a pizza one night, it was OK, nothing great. Pizza takes a LONG time (DH waited for it, not room delivery). Perhaps ours took longer than usual, because the CM gave it to DH for free. Maybe that's why it didn't taste horrible :)

We ate at Boatwright's in 2007, one lunch and one breakfast. Lunch was OK, nothing special, breakfast was great. I can imagine that late diners would be distracted by Bob Jackson in the River Roost next door.

You didn't ask about him, but you should make time to take the nephews to see Bob Jackson when he's playing (I *think* most Weds to Sats.). He puts on a great show!

Magic Smiles
01-17-2009, 12:39 AM
(I can't imagine ordering a Philly steak sandwich at WDW...)

The philly steak sandwich is REALLY good, but as previously posted by me, I have simple tastes when it comes to food.

katzctkpt
01-17-2009, 09:37 AM
We enjoy the breakfast at Riverside sweet potato pancakes :thumbsup: the food court at both POR and POFQ are great. We love the meatball subs and philly steak sandwiches. The pizza, we actually ordered 2 this past time and thought they were better than pizza hut or dominos. You really need to try both places and make your own opinion about the food.

Pete Olsen
01-17-2009, 01:57 PM
We were at POFQ twice last year. The food court was great for breakfast and lunch. POR has an even better food court - the resort is much larger. We ate once at Boatwrights. We will never make that mistake again.

Both have entertainment. Bob at POR may be the "best kept secret" in all of Disney World. What a great show. It is well worth the walk or boat ride from FQ.