PDA

View Full Version : Your kid's Disney favorites...

hope23
01-03-2009, 04:53 PM
When your kids talk about Disney... either what they loved most from the past or what they look forward to for next time... what is at the top of their list? I want to make sure we get in all the "best stuff" with our DS5 and DS3. Thanks!!

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
01-03-2009, 04:59 PM
Space Ranger Spin in MK, Teacups in MK, Carousel in MK, People Mover in MK, Haunted House in MK, Space Ship Earth in Epcot, Maelstrom in Epcot, and many others. Last visit in '04 my younger two children - DD 10, DS 8

stitchaholic
01-03-2009, 05:34 PM
space mountain,EE,RRC ,test track,soarin,chef mickeys

playdead88
01-03-2009, 06:06 PM
soarin' - test track - wishes - mickey waffles - the hotel pool - dole whips - BTMR - pirates - the safari - icecream from tamu tamu - indiana jones show - ToT - star tours and staying up late :mickey:

TikiGoddess
01-03-2009, 07:51 PM
I have two girls (ages 5 and 4). The 5 yr old is a tomboy, so hopefully this list will help you with your boys -- (I've omitted my 4 yr old princess' top choices of "Voyage of the Little Mermaid" and meeting Ariel).

Top 10 Not to Miss:
1. Buzz Lightyear at MK (and I'm assuming Toy Story Mania (DHS), but haven't been on it yet) - you will want to ride it more than once. Guaranteed.
2. Thunder Mountain at MK (40" height req) - a great introduction to roller coasters for your 5 yr old
3. Splash Mountain at MK (40" height req) - one of the best rides in WDW, hands down. Not just a flume ride.
4. Triceratop Spin at AK - my DD is crazy for dinosaurs, thus this pick.
5. Indy Speedway in Tomorrowland - it's usually a long hot wait but my girls still talk about this one.
6. Barnstormer at MK(esp. for 3 yr old) - another one you'll want to ride twice. Try and ride it right when Toontown opens (usually 10am) and the line will be mercifully short. Sometimes Goofy rides it with you if you're lucky enough to be in the first group!
7. Playhouse Disney at DHS(if your kids are familiar with the shows)
8. Kilimanjaro Safari at AK - what kid doesn't love seeing animals?
9. The Seas with Nemo at Epcot -- ooh, ooh, and Turtle Talk with Crush!! - fun for adults and kids
10. all of Fantasyland in MK-- Peter Pan, Pooh, Mickey's Philharmagic, Small World.

Okay, that's more than ten but those are the rides we consider TOPS for our kids. The only ones you might have trouble with are Thunder and Splash because your 3 yr old might not be tall enough for them.

Have fun!!
Kathy

teambricker04
01-03-2009, 07:57 PM
I have two sons ages nearly 4 and 19mo... this is based mostly on what the older one likes:

Indy Cars, Tea Cups, Sonny Eclipse, Peter Pan, Barnstormer, Splash, and BTMRR

SE, Nemo, Test Track, JITYI, Mexico, the Acrobats in China, and drummers in Japan

Playhouse Disney, GMR, Lights Motor Speedway, the Honey I shrunk the kids playground, Muppets 3D, Pizza Planet

Nemo the Musical

To eat? Itzakadoozie, Cape May, Garden Grill, Beaches and Cream

Good luck with your plans!

Tink#64
01-04-2009, 02:01 AM
Our 1st trip my DS's were then 4 & 6 and I think their fav's at that time were:

Buzz Lightyear, The Lego store in DTD, Spl Mtn, Sp Mtn, & BTMRR, Kilimanjaro Safari, Indiana Jones, Fantasmic, JIYI, & the resort pool! Oh - one of DS's fav things every year, is bulding the Mr. Potato Heads with all the various WDW parts! We have soooooooooo many great pics of them & their Mr Potato head of the day! :cool:

stitchaholic
01-04-2009, 08:48 AM
ok,i had to ask them the question so i could answer this properly,so pardon me for the double post...
they both loved rainforest cafe(not necessairily the food)
DD8 loved,the best friends breakfast,mickey waffles with strawberry sauce,the mickey choc chip cookies,all the thrill rides,she likes also the stars and motorcars parade(no longer available),ghiradellis ice cream shop(hot fudge sundae),triceretop spin(AK),turtle talk with crush
DS6 loved lego dinosaur in DD,mickey waffles,mickey cookies,chef mickeys,soarin,RRC,space mountain,EE,space mountain,goofy's candy shop

sassy2000
01-04-2009, 09:26 AM
My DS 4 loves Barnstormer, Buzz Spin, Splash Mtn, Thunder Mtn, and Tom Sawyer Island @ MK
Epcot- Test Track and Spaceship Earth
HS- Toy STory Mania, Star Tours, Power Rangers meet
AK- Safari, Rafiki's Planet Watch
DD is 2 and she loves Small World, Carousel, and Peter Pan also.

iLovethejonasbrothers
01-04-2009, 07:28 PM
Well I'm 15, but I would have to say bascicly the whole magic kingdom park and all the parades and everything.One of my favorite parades is the one at AK.

brigidfirst
01-04-2009, 10:22 PM
Our daugther loved and still talks about (she is 7 now but we were ther last she was 5yrs old) splash mountain or what she still calls it slash down moutain. she stated that is the first ride we are going on the summer09

crltkcagle
01-05-2009, 09:40 AM
My boys were 2, 4, and 6 during our last trip. Their favorites were/are

1. Buzz
2. Dumbo
3. Pirates of the Carribean
4. Nemo
5. The great movie ride
6. Splash Moutain
7. Dinosaur
8. Muppets 3-D
9. Philharmagic
10. Teacups

cinderella crazy
01-05-2009, 12:12 PM
I have a 5 year old boy and a 2 1/2 year old girl. My son is tall for his age so may be able to ride things that other 5 year olds can't Their favorites are:

MK: Buzz Lightyear, Carousel, TTA, Winnie the Pooh, Small World, Pirates, Dumbo, Aladdin's Magic Carpets, Philharmagic, Barnstormer

Epcot: Mexico boat ride, Sourin', Nemo, Spaceship Earth, Test Track

DHS: Playhouse Disney, Toy Story Midway (never been on it but I'm sure they'd love it), Fantasmic.

AK: Safari, the Boneyard play area,TriceraTop Spin

thumperbug
01-06-2009, 05:47 PM
My DS first trip was when he was 4...at age almost 7 he has been there 6 (going on 7 ) times. His favs are

Star Tours at DHS
Peter Pan (MK)
Philharmagic (MK)
Poohs ride
Muppets in 3d
Festival of the Lion king show at AK
Riding the monorail
Anything at Epcot

Crystal
01-06-2009, 06:26 PM
My DS (7) still talks about Splash Mtn. My DD (5) loved PoTC.

Luv Eeyore
01-07-2009, 06:04 PM
My DD14 and DS 7 absolutely love just about everything in Animal Kingdom, especially the "Yeti Ride" (DS never remembers the correct name - Expedition Everest), Kilimanjaro Safari and Finding Nemo stage show.

pink
01-07-2009, 06:27 PM
My brother is 12 and he loves Space Mountain, Buzz Lightyear, Rock N Roller Coaster and Star Tours. He is also a big fan of Muppets Vision 3D.

We also took my 78 year old grandma is Disney two years ago and he favorite ride was Rock N Roller coaster, I couldn't believe it!

:mickey:

mkymouse0206
01-07-2009, 08:15 PM
My kids must do list ... Mickey's Philharmagic, Pirates of the Carribean, Splash Mtn, BTMR, Haunted Mansion, SpectroMagic, Astro Orbiter, Kilamanjaro Safari, Jammin Jungle Parade, Soarin, the Monorail. No matter what there ages these attractions never get old for them.
Favorite meals...Chef Mickeys, Crystal Palace, Toy Stoy Pizza Planet, Ohana.
Oh, and don't forget to go to Toontown!!!:mickey:

CU Tiger
01-08-2009, 05:27 PM
It changes each year as my DDs get older. Now at ages 8 and 10, the hits for them are:

RnR
ToT
Splash Mountain
Space Mountain
BTM
Pin Trading

BedknobsandBroomsticks
01-09-2009, 09:07 AM
I agree with all posts. One of my kids favorites ( I have two girls and a boy) is Monster's Inc. Try and sit on the center aisle about 1/2way back from the front. They (the monsters) picked me out and talked to me and my kids absolutely went nuts and loved it. They still talk about. This was two years ago. Also, I was in the Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular once when they were even younger and they loved it. You have to be 18 or older to volunteer. They thought I was the coolest mom in WDW that day.

avantgardeinker
01-09-2009, 09:40 AM
DD was 2 when we went in 07 and she still talks about "the boat ride". That's what she calls It's a Small World. She loved all the bright colors and all the singing "dolls". It was really hot while we were there so her other favorite was all the play fountains. We always brought a change of clothes with us so we could change her once she got soaked. We always knew she would want to play in those fountains.

:mickey:
331 more days!!

scootch713
01-09-2009, 09:49 AM
Spectromagic!!!!! hands down their favorite thing, year after year!

heatherb
01-11-2009, 09:03 PM
My daughter at 3, and again at 3 1/2 yrs old, says the following were her favorites: 1-The Goofy Roller Coaster in MK, 2- The Nemo Show in AK, 3- The Parades in each park- of course we had to buy a light each night for the parades, 4- Splash Mountain with a poncho, 5-Thunder Mountain when seated in between my husband and I, 6- Nemo and Friends in Epcot, and viewing the real sea life after the ride, 7-Dole whip icecream in MK, 8- swimming at the pool in our resort for a mid-day cool off, 9-It's a Small World, and 10- Character Lunch with Pooh, and Little Einsteins. She disliked any attraction with LOUD noises, so the 2nd time we brought her ear plugs, and she did much better. Sometimes, the attractions are a bit too loud for even the grown-ups. We look forward to discovering new favorites when we go again in April.

wetcampers
01-12-2009, 01:21 PM
My DD is 11 and she votes soarin. My DS is 13 and his vote is Everest.

alilprincessmom99
01-12-2009, 02:12 PM
When my DD was younger, she enjoyed the following:

MK - Buzz Lightyear, TTA, Carousel of Progress, Mad Tea Party, Pooh, Snow White, Peter Pan, Small World, Dumbo, Cinderella's Carousel, Mickey's Philharmagic, Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain, Jungle Cruise, Magic Carpets, Pirates.

Epcot - Spaceship Earth, The Seas pavillion, The Land Pavillion, Imagination Pavillion, El Tiempo, Norway ride, and doing the passport.

DHS - Beauty and the Beast show, Voyage of the Little Mermaid, Playhouse Disney, Great Movie Ride, Muppets.

AK - She has LOVED everything about this park since her very first vist. Now the only things she doesn't care for are Dinosaur and EE. She loves the shows, the safari, the animal trails, conservation station, EVERYTHING!