PDA

View Full Version : Disney at Christmas and Airfare...

daisyhead
01-03-2009, 04:11 PM
I am considering renting a condo next Christmas as we have always wanted to see WDW decked out for the holidays. I know it's the most crowded time of year, but I figure the house will give us a chance to get away. Has anyone done this type of vacation and could share the pros/cons?

Also, the airfare... would southwest probably be super expensive this time of year? Our other option is to travel in June.

Thanks so much!

teambricker04
01-03-2009, 04:41 PM
I am not sure about your first question(s), but airfare is, well, up in the air. It can depend... I would just keep watch. We have lucked out in years past at holiday travel expenses. Do you always travel on SW? You may want to keep looking at different airlines to see what types of deals they have going on... right now is a bit early to buy tix for next December, but you can check and keep watch. Sign up to get emails for deals from several different airlines to help keep track.

Pirate Granny
01-03-2009, 04:49 PM
We have been most successful travelling on Christmas Day and returning New Years Day...no-one wants to travel on the holiday so the fares are lower...

We've also travelled on Spirit and Air Tran around the Christmas holidays and were successful in getting very reasonable tickets. Actually my 2004 air fare was more expensive than those tickets for 05-06 and 07...

Unfortunately, I didn't travel to disney this holiday... :drama: