PDA

View Full Version : Another Moderate Resort Question - CSR vs. POFQ

MindyMouse76
01-03-2009, 02:38 PM
Hello,

Last time (2000) we stayed at All Star Music. Definetly liked it, but now we want something a little bit bigger. Planning on going the second week in NOv. 2009. Moderate Resort is definetly the category we want. I posted some questions yesterday (thanks for the quick responses) and decided on POFQ. The reason is - we are a family of 3. My daughter is 4.... so don't need a huge resort etc. I am also a little concerned about long walks to the Food Court area, bus stop etc with a 4 yr. old. Will that cause problems at CSR? Is the rooms still nice, clean and not looking like it needs a face life at POFQ? I want a pool, but don't need anything very face - as she is still somewhat afraid of the water. - speaking of pools - are the resort pools still open in November?

I then did some reading and found out the CSR was renovated. They have a new pool, the rooms were redone. Also now the rooms all have 2 Queen Beds. Is all of that true?

Is CSR now nicer than POFQ? I found some pictures of the rooms at POFQ and it looked a little old. How are the rooms at POFQ vs CSR? Any updated pics would be great. I also read from a few people that said their room at POFQ was only clean on the surface etc.... I think I want a clean, modern room that doesn't look like a cheap Motel 6 etc...

Lastely - with a 4 year old - we want good "American" food at the food court. I read a few places that CSR had a better food court - what is the difference between the two?
Any input would be awesome.

Thanks!
Mindy

goofy89
01-03-2009, 03:27 PM
I have stayed at both resorts and both are very nice. No need to worry about anything that looks like a cheap motel six! However, I do prefer CSR and I find the grounds and theme much more appealing. I prefer the food court at CSR compared to POFQ as well. POFQ is definitely smaller and there is a short walk to everything from most rooms. I have not seen CSR since the renovations, but I can only imagine I would love it even more. CSR is my favorite moderate resort by far. Either way I do not think you could go wrong. If your gut was POFQ then go with it! Our room was very nice and clean! :mickey:

kathiep
01-03-2009, 04:47 PM
When we stayed at CSR, we were in the furthest area from the food court, Ranchos. My daughter was almost three and my son was 4 1/2. With their pace, it would take us @ 10 minutes to get to the food court. But they loved the walk. It became like an adventure to them.
We've been to the food court at POFQ and found the selection to be basic. What we really liked about the food court at CSR was the variety in selections. It seemed like they had so many more options than the other moderate food courts.

mom2morgan
01-03-2009, 10:24 PM
Your pool question - they are open all year, and are heated. We were there in the middle of December, and although a few days it was "chilly" by Orlando standards, we still found it pleasant to swim in!

KatMark
01-03-2009, 10:39 PM
Hello,

Last time (2000) we stayed at All Star Music. Definetly liked it, but now we want something a little bit bigger. Planning on going the second week in NOv. 2009. Moderate Resort is definetly the category we want. I posted some questions yesterday (thanks for the quick responses) and decided on POFQ. The reason is - we are a family of 3. My daughter is 4.... so don't need a huge resort etc. I am also a little concerned about long walks to the Food Court area, bus stop etc with a 4 yr. old. Will that cause problems at CSR? Is the rooms still nice, clean and not looking like it needs a face life at POFQ? I want a pool, but don't need anything very face - as she is still somewhat afraid of the water. - speaking of pools - are the resort pools still open in November?

I then did some reading and found out the CSR was renovated. They have a new pool, the rooms were redone. Also now the rooms all have 2 Queen Beds. Is all of that true? The pool at the CSR is NOT new. They did some rehab on the slide earlier this year. I think the pool you are thinking of is the one at the Caribbean (it is a pirate themed pool). Yes, the rooms are ALL currently being rehabbed. Cabanas 9B, part of Cabana 9A, and the 4th floors of Casitas 1, 2 and 3 are currently done. Yes, all rooms now have two queen beds except for the 100 rooms that are getting new king beds.

Is CSR now nicer than POFQ? I found some pictures of the rooms at POFQ and it looked a little old. How are the rooms at POFQ vs CSR? Any updated pics would be great. I also read from a few people that said their room at POFQ was only clean on the surface etc.... I think I want a clean, modern room that doesn't look like a cheap Motel 6 etc... I don't think ANY of the Disney resorts look like a Motel 6. The themeing is different at all the resorts and it is just a matter of taste and preference. We love the southwest/Mexican theme of the CSR (we've stayed seven times and have two more trips booked for this year).

Lastely - with a 4 year old - we want good "American" food at the food court. I read a few places that CSR had a better food court - what is the difference between the two?
Any input would be awesome. CSR has some great food options--they have everything from burgers, to chicken, to fettucine, to mexican food, ribeye steaks--all a counter service credit on the dining plan.

Thanks!
Mindy

We have never stayed at any of the other moderates. We've thought of trying POFQ and actually had it booked for a short trip in March because CSR was not available when I made my booking (it is a surprise trip for youngest son who turns 21 has been complaining he hasn't been to Disney since 2000 during his Easter break); luckily, however, CSR became available and I switched to CSR. POFQ is much smaller (we have visited the resort several times) and more compact; however, as we don't travel with kids anymore, DH and I prefer the CSR and we've had excellent service and visits each and every time and I see no reason to mess with success.

Here are some pictures of the new rooms at the CSR:

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb136/Luvwrestling/S7300285-1.jpg

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb136/Luvwrestling/S7300287.jpg

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb136/Luvwrestling/S7300291-1.jpg

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb136/Luvwrestling/S7300308-1.jpg

PAYROLL PRINCESS
01-03-2009, 11:47 PM
I've stayed at both and much preferred POFQ. I loved the size of the resort, it never too more than a couple of minutes to get anywhere and you have the option of using the facilities at POR as well. The rooms looked fine and the food court was pretty much the same as the rest of them.

buzz2001
01-04-2009, 07:57 AM
CSR!! Queen beds, newly refurbished rooms and many more deluxe amenities for the same price as other mods.

Crow
01-04-2009, 12:28 PM
Ive stayed at CSR a few times & its at the top of my mod list...but I also liked my brief stay at FQ and wanted to try it again. has a boat to DD
CSR is a convention resort, so there are a few extra things, like business center & health club there. i liked the food court although some dont. If on the DDP a steak counts as a CS. the calzone wasnt bad either. It is a lot bigger than FQ though