PDA

View Full Version : POR - Room Question

DryCreek
01-02-2009, 10:14 PM
OK, I did my civic duty by looking through as many posts as I could to make sure that I am not repeating an already-asked question. I have sifted through numerous threads and learned that the coffee (except for the Kona at Poly) is Nescafe. I think that someone also said that the POR had coffee pots in-room?
Can anyone confirm/refute this information? If there are coffee pots in the room, are they the standard hotel 4 cup capacity ones? And to make it even more difficult - do they take standard basket type or cone filters?

Ms.Disney
01-02-2009, 10:26 PM
Yes there are coffee pots in the room, they are 4 cups. I cant remember if they are have a basket or a filter.

DryCreek
01-03-2009, 07:32 AM
Thanks for the reply. I can bring some of each - you can't be too careful about things like Coffee!

teambricker04
01-03-2009, 10:09 AM
I don't remember if it was a cone... I am thinking a filter. I know for sure it wasn't a pod.

Funny thing about the Nescafe. Our last trip I had a cup of coffee at breakfast. I usually don't at disney because, well, I don't know. ANYWAY... I was all like "Ooooh, this is GREAT COFFEE!!" DH laughed and said, "Uh, it's Nescafe." I was SHOCKED. I think it was so good because it was soooo hot. I really liked it and I think that is funny since every morning I make myself a cup of esspresso with a stovetop pot. Who needs fancy when you can have Nescafe??

I don't think the coffee in the rooms has a brand on it. I could be wrong.

mom2morgan
01-03-2009, 11:44 AM
LOL! I thought I could answer ANY POR question, since I just got back...but the only think we did with the coffee pot was stick our cards and tickets on top of it so we'd remember where they were! I have NO clue how many cups it makes or what kind of filter ;-)

DryCreek
01-03-2009, 10:49 PM
I picked up both types at WalMart today (#2 cone and 4 cup basket). I will be packing at least a whole pound of coffee just to see us through. I wish I had room for my grinder, but with baggage costs the way they are I will just have to rough it I guess. I miss bringing our own home with us.

DryCreek
01-04-2009, 11:27 AM
OK, just to keep ya'll on your toes, I have been instructed to ask about the availability of irons (clothes, not golf) at the hotel. If they don't have them we will have to pack our travel iron. I bet they have them available at the front desk, if not already in the room. I have noticed that most hotels we stay at (Best Western, Holiday Inn Express) have them in-room. They must know how I pack when we are traveling to a show. I spend more time carefully packing the tack box, storing the hay and stacking the feed than I do neatly folding or hanging my clothes.

disneyfan328
01-04-2009, 12:25 PM
Yes, there are coffee pots in the room, I do believe its a 4 cupper but it may have been 6 or 8 there were filters with it (thank good ness as we hadn't brought any from home.) We did ask mousekeeping to leave us more and they were more than happy to do so.

also as far as irons go we were in POR AB section bldg 15 and there was a ironing board and iron already in our room. I think thats pretty standard.

mom2morgan
01-04-2009, 07:21 PM
Yep, we had an iron and board in our room as well :-)

Zimkeeper
01-04-2009, 07:37 PM
We just returned from POR and the 4 cup coffee maker uses basket type filters. I brought some along but they were too large so I just cut them down to size and they worked fine. Iron & ironing board were also in the room.

DryCreek
01-04-2009, 08:16 PM
For the information!
Looks like we are set then. I will have plenty of morning go-juice to get our party up and out the door for the early EMH days.
There's just something about the smell of Eight O'clock brand coffee that announces the beginning of the day!