PDA

View Full Version : JPL's Festive Holiday Fun Day 2 Part 1

JPL
01-02-2009, 06:20 PM
December 12th
Part 1
Animal Kingdom

I arrived at Animal Kingdom about 5 after 9 and headed back towards Asia and grabbed a Fast Pass for Everest along the way. I stopped to look at the Gibbons for a while before heading on for a walk through the Maharajah Jungle Trek. I took my time looking at the animals but was getting hungry so I stopped for a Double Capaccino and an oh so healthy chocolate croisant. I headed over to The Pangani Forest Trail and possibly to catch a ride on the Safari but the line was laready long so after walking the trail I decided to skip the safari. It was laready a few minutes passed 10 and I had to get over to the Theater in the Wild for the Intercot Surf n Turf Meet. For some reason I thought the first Nemo showing was at 11 but it was at 11:30 :blush: So I hung around the area outside of the Theater waiting for people and the I ran into Brad(brad192). We talked for a while about how our trips were going and what had done so far. Soon we were joined by Linda(lindque). We waited a while longer ot see if anyone else would show up and headed inside the theater for a showing of Finding Nemo the Musical. As soon as we were seated I got a text message from Mikki asking where I was. I told her we were inside of Nemo and she said to get back to her after we were done. The show was great as usal and we all had a great time. We had pretty good seat in the first few rows of the second level which gave a good vantage point of the show. After show we met up with Mikki, Andrew and Figaro over at Chester and Hester's. Our planw as to head to Flame Tree for lunch after the show and Mikki and Andrew decided to joinus until they saw the lines and opted for something else. The 3 of us got our food in a relatively short time considering how long the line looked and we headed back for a seat near the water. We talked over some great food and avoided some the hungry wildlife looking for a handout. We had to fight off a duck and Ibis(I wonder what happned to the really brave squirrel that I ran into in June). After lucnh we made our first mistake of the day we decide to go see CaptianJessicaSparrow at Rafiki's Planet Watch.

Up Next Trapped at Rafiki's Planet watch.

Marymouse2003
01-02-2009, 08:10 PM
OMG!! I was there @ that time, 12/8 - 12/18. Was this a meet for any1? I wish I wld have known.
God bless,

JPL
01-02-2009, 09:31 PM
The meet was open to all it was actually posted in the Meets Forum.

brad192
01-02-2009, 10:29 PM
Hey Jeff, it was great to meet with you & Linda for the small, but oh so important meet at Nemo. Lunch with you guys was wonderful. Remember that huge bird that arrived about halfway thru our meal? He/She was very cool, but I was a bit concerned that it was going to grab my entire tray & fly away! LOL. I won't spoil your next post about RPW, but that was a big pain, wasn't it?

Happy New Year!:mickey:

dlpmikki
01-03-2009, 04:33 AM
I was glad we managed to hook up in the end as I hadn't originally planned on being at AK that day. I think it was that loud band that struck up even more than the lines that put us off but I'm glad you had a good lunch :) Nice to meet Brad and Linda too!

pdrlkr
01-03-2009, 10:02 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

Marymouse2003
01-03-2009, 09:49 PM
Hi Jeff,
For some reason, I never looke there and that wld be reason I didn't see it. Also just got new computer a wk or 2 b4 we left for WDW. Sounds like u all had a good time. Sorry I missed it. Who knows, perhaps another time. Happy New Year to you and yours!!
God bless,

faline
01-05-2009, 08:09 PM
I think I already know how your trip to Rafiki's Planet Watch turned out! It certainly will make me cautious about when I decide to get on that train!

Sounds like it was a nice lunch at Flame Tree!

dolphinmickey9170
01-19-2009, 03:14 PM
After lucnh we made our first mistake of the day we decide to go see CaptianJessicaSparrow at Rafiki's Planet Watch.

Meeting Jessica is anything but a mistake, so I assume something went wrong!:confused: