PDA

View Full Version : New mugs yet?

WDWFanatic
01-02-2009, 04:49 PM
So have the changed the mugs at the resorts yet? I'm really hoping they go back to resort specific mugs and not the same for the whole property. I know it's pretty unlikely but a girl can hope:thumbsup:.

Natazu
01-02-2009, 07:24 PM
As of two weeks ago, still the same.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
01-02-2009, 09:16 PM
Well, two weeks ago it was still the YOAMD lol.

Now that it's 2009, it might be changing to the Celebration theme (the bags have already started - I've seen some new ones here and there).

DryCreek
01-02-2009, 10:07 PM
these magic mugs. Our party of 4 adults will be staying at POR February 1-7 (couldn't get a site at Fort Wilderness - whats up with that?).
I recommended that we each buy a mug since three of the four of us are caffeine fiends and can't even produce a noticeable pulse in the morning without gallons of coffee.

The initial post inferred that they were no longer resort specific, but more generic in nature. How will they enforce the "to be used at your resort" rule? In other words, if I drag my generic mug issued at POR into the Grand Floridian and fill it up with (whatever), will they know? Will I be sent to a Disney concentration camp - forced labor making animatronics and singing the "Small World" theme day in and day out?

DANAM
01-03-2009, 01:46 AM
I have to say FINALLY!!! I know some people reuse trip after trip but I am getting sick of the same mugs. Plus if you don't reuse you have to buy the same mug over and over again.

DlandMommy
01-03-2009, 03:40 AM
Im all about packing our mugs from may :secret:But my Fiance is like THAtS WRONG:thedolls:Hes crazy why should we buy the same mug again:confused:

stitchaholic
01-03-2009, 06:45 AM
i thought that these mugs were good for life??? i have mine set aside to come with us in 23 days,yes 23 days,woohoo!

DisneyFr33k
01-03-2009, 07:51 AM
i thought that these mugs were good for life??? i have mine set aside to come with us in 23 days,yes 23 days,woohoo!

Actually it says on the mug good only for the week you stay. But, when we stayed at Pop last October, I saw the old Pop Century mugs being used, along with Carribean Beach, Port Orleans, Polynesian and even some personal mugs. Apparently, they don't police this very well.

Trev&Ev Mom
01-03-2009, 11:44 AM
Originally Posted by stitchaholic

I'm with you!!! Only 17 more days for us!!! Wooo Hooo!!!:mickey:

WDWFanatic
01-03-2009, 11:52 AM
I was afraid this might turn into a heated mug debate....

Just for the record they are only good for your length of stay unless you got them before they started printing it under the handle.

Yes, cast members will tell you many different things, but it's printed for everyone to see.

I'm just hoping when we go to Pop it will say Pop and not What will you celebrate.

Will Intercot post when the new mugs come out? If they will feel free to go ahead and close this thread so it doesn't become a heated debate.

Thanks.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
01-04-2009, 02:42 AM
Technically, we really can't say anything because they will just go complain to a manager and get a free soda (or more).

This is why we encourage more and more people to make their voices heard because it's not fair to those honest people who buy a new mug every trip, especially when they raise prices to cover the loss in sales. It's the only way to get things to change is to make yourself heard by the company.

Tink#64
01-04-2009, 03:10 AM
We love our souvenear mugs & buy new ones each trip, but we'd also love a change! But how frustrating to keep buying the same mugs that you already have! My goodnes I think I counted 16, and I know we've lost a few here & there! Lucky for us, we have a few different designs & 2 different resorts. But yes, we should buy for each trip - that's the whole concept here, buy the mug & get it refilled for your length of stay, but come on, at least give us new designs every year! :D

DisneyFr33k
01-04-2009, 07:28 AM
We love our souvenear mugs & buy new ones each trip, but we'd also love a change! But how frustrating to keep buying the same mugs that you already have! But yes, we should buy for each trip - that's the whole concept here, buy the mug & get it refilled for your length of stay, but come on, at least give us new designs every year! :D

I agree - we have All Stars mugs from year ago with the resort themes on them and LOVE them. We would gladly buy new ones each trip if they were different. It makes a great souviner! Just my :twocents:

madi47
01-04-2009, 08:17 AM
I wish they would change the mugs!! I get so upset when I see people filling very very old style mugs. :mad: They don't enforce this rule at all and for the ones that do follow the rules it is very upsetting!!

hokies4life
01-04-2009, 08:39 AM
I get so upset when I see people filling very very old style mugs. :mad:

If by old style you mean ones that were bought more than like 10 years ago, then those people could have bought their mugs when they were advertised as good forever. So technically refilling them would be allowed. But if they're just refilling ones bought one or two years ago then, yes, that would be against the rules.

big blue and hairy
01-04-2009, 01:12 PM
The initial post inferred that they were no longer resort specific, but more generic in nature. How will they enforce the "to be used at your resort" rule? In other words, if I drag my generic mug issued at POR into the Grand Floridian and fill it up with (whatever), will they know? Will I be sent to a Disney concentration camp - forced labor making animatronics and singing the "Small World" theme day in and day out?
The rulle has changed. The mug is supposed to be only good for "length of stay", but it is good at any resort soda station. The generic mugs say that on the side.

:sulley:

DryCreek
01-04-2009, 02:10 PM
The rulle has changed. The mug is supposed to be only good for "length of stay", but it is good at any resort soda station. The generic mugs say that on the side.

I am glad to hear that. I just might lug my mug around with me if we visit any of the other resort hotels. I don't suppose that you can use them the same way in any of the parks, can you? I am not trying to scam the mouse, just trying to ensure that I am getting the best value for every (hard-earned) dollar that I spend there.

big blue and hairy
01-04-2009, 02:45 PM
I I don't suppose that you can use them the same way in any of the parks, can you? I am not trying to scam the mouse, just trying to ensure that I am getting the best value for every (hard-earned) dollar that I spend there.
Nope. Hey, you don't know if you don't ask...:D

disneyjoe
01-04-2009, 02:57 PM
I'm with you!!! Only 17 more days for us!!! Wooo Hooo!!!:mickey:

We are with you two as well...20 days and counting! :cloud9:

Magic Smiles
01-04-2009, 04:52 PM
We have the good for life mugs, but still buy new ones every visit. If by the time we visit again, they don't have new mugs, I may just take our good for life mugs back with us as we always stay at POFQ.
We now have a kitchen cupboard full of WDW mugs. DH opened the cupboard door one day during the Christmas holidays looking for our christmas mugs and couldn't believe how many WDW mugs were in there.

big blue and hairy
01-04-2009, 05:03 PM
We now have a kitchen cupboard full of WDW mugs. DH opened the cupboard door one day during the Christmas holidays looking for our christmas mugs and couldn't believe how many WDW mugs were in there.That's something DW and I have talked about. For people that go back very often, buying new mugs every time doesn't seem very green. I'm not advocating cheating the system, just wondering if WDW couldn't come up with a better system.

Daisy712
01-05-2009, 07:58 PM
That's something DW and I have talked about. For people that go back very often, buying new mugs every time doesn't seem very green. I'm not advocating cheating the system, just wondering if WDW couldn't come up with a better system.

I guess we have been green before green was in.:secret:

dteed
01-05-2009, 09:25 PM
New mugs would be nice!!!!!