PDA

View Full Version : iPhone App

Duchess99
01-02-2009, 01:47 PM
Is anyone working on an Intercot iPhone App?
That would rule!!!:jack:

big blue and hairy
01-15-2009, 03:16 PM
I got the Ipod Touch from DW for Christmas, so....

**bump**

:sulley:

goofy78
01-16-2009, 07:13 PM
that would be pretty sweet!

DizneyRox
01-16-2009, 08:19 PM
What would it do?

goofy78
01-16-2009, 08:34 PM
it could offer a direct link to the website. i have an app on my iphone that when i push the icon it takes me directly to the mobile site for my bank. pretty handy compared to going through safari!

Duchess99
01-17-2009, 11:43 PM
I have the same banking app on my phone. It's so much easier than safari. Then we can just go right to the site and read the message boards with ease anytime! Like when you're bored in a meeting at work ;)

Mufasa
01-18-2009, 01:13 AM
If you're just looking for an icon to create a direct link to Intercot you can create a shortcut on your iPhone's home screen in mobile Safari for any web page.

When you click on the + button in the toolbar at the bottom of the screen as you would to create a bookmark there's an option to add it to your home screen.

goofy78
01-18-2009, 02:15 AM
thanks for the idea, i will check it out!:thumbsup:

DizneyRox
01-18-2009, 09:13 AM
If you're just looking for an icon to create a direct link to Intercot you can create a shortcut on your iPhone's home screen in mobile Safari for any web page.

When you click on the + button in the toolbar at the bottom of the screen as you would to create a bookmark there's an option to add it to your home screen.
That's what I figured, really no sense in inventing the wheel for a shortcut.

John
01-18-2009, 09:16 AM
If there is someone who is familiar to iphone apps and would like to work with us towards producing a mobile version of this site that works on iphones and ppc's etc - feel free to contact me.

magicofdisney
01-19-2009, 06:43 PM
With Safari I have to zoom in and out on my iPod Touch. Would I have to do that with a mobile version?

scoot241
01-21-2009, 12:23 PM
I think it would be more prudent to make an iPhone-formatted version of the web site and point Safari to i.intercot.com or something similar to view the iPhone version. There is a piece of code that mobile Safari recognizes that would let you set a home screen icon for the site (similar to a favicon I think).

big blue and hairy
02-08-2009, 04:07 PM
I think it would be more prudent to make an iPhone-formatted version of the web site and point Safari to i.intercot.com or something similar to view the iPhone version. There is a piece of code that mobile Safari recognizes that would let you set a home screen icon for the site (similar to a favicon I think).What he said....:D

:sulley:

scoot241
04-27-2009, 01:15 PM
I noticed on another Disney forum that they allow you to choose a "style" for how the board displays in your browser. It uses vBulletin 3.8.1, and one of the styles is a mobile style that strips almost everything out except for the posts and forum navigation. While the forums are a more integrated experience here, it might be something worth looking into.