PDA

View Full Version : Discovery Cove.....

olivegirl
01-02-2009, 01:42 PM
We are planning a trip to Discovery Cove in March..we will be in Florida March 7th-14th. My DD and I will be doing the dolphin swim. Any thought, ideas on Discovery Cove?:mickey:

StillSimbaGirl
01-02-2009, 04:02 PM
Discovery Cove is a really nice experience. Take your time experiencing it - you don't need to rush anything. The one thing you might want to arrange once your past the gates is what time your dolphin swim is. But when we went I was all "rushy" - you get the web suits, I'll arrange the dolphin swim...and there was REALLY no need to feel stressed. Get there...arrange dolphin swim, maybe eat some breakfast...then start your day. Plenty of time.

You get a pass to Sea World as well...I would suggest doing Sea World AFTER DC. DD will have had ample opportunities to feed stingrays and to interact with fish while at Discovery Cove...feeding creatures at Sea World is a huge time waste and if you don't feel the need to feed them (Cuz you just fed them yesterday) you can spend a lot more time doing fun stuff at Sea World.

Plan on spending some serious money on pictures...you may say, "oh I don't usually fall for that" but it really is a unique experience and there will be some shots you are going to have to have (Besides the dolphin one)...mine was my DD (then 7) scratching a little tiny deer under the chin. Oh yeah, and the cuddly sloth etc. Might as well budget for the pictures.

Dznygrl79
01-08-2009, 03:02 PM
Is it easy to get to Discovery Cove without a car from Disney Property.
And do you need to use the Sea World tickets the same day as DC?

StillSimbaGirl
01-08-2009, 03:38 PM
You can use your sea world tickets on a day before or after (maybe within a week?) Discovery Cove...it's pretty flexible as I recall.

Getting there...I usually had a car service. So don't know the full transportation issues. I've normally tied DC into a trip to Universal...never tried to get there from Disney.

Does the Discovery Cove website provide any guidance?

luvmyboys4ever
01-09-2009, 05:25 PM
Start with the cold water, before swimming in the lazy river! My husband almost went into shock, going from the tropical river to the coral reef...lol! There is a huge difference in temp.
Get there early and grab the loungers with the umbrellas. They go quick and you will appreciate the umbrella mid-day.
Other than that, enjoy! It was the most relaxing vacation day we have ever had. The only thing I would have done different is that I would have done this on the last day of vacation, not the first. It would have been nice to unwind there after a week at Disney:blush: