PDA

View Full Version : Couple of questions

LuvsTigger80
01-02-2009, 01:41 PM
hi all.....so our trip is quickly approaching and i have a couple of questions. I just canceled our lunch reservation for sci fi and dinner for crystal palace in place of raglan road and kona. How are these 2 resturants? And do i need to make an adr for raglan road? Last night we decided that Kona sounded better than crystal palace. And that Raglan had better sounding and more choices than sci fi. Any words of wisdom will be great. TIA.:mickey:

disneychick62
01-02-2009, 01:48 PM
Yes , make adrs at Raglan Road. i was there in november and loved it . Goin back for sure!!:thumbsup:

mouseketeer mom
01-02-2009, 03:17 PM
Kona never disappoints. We have eaten both breakfast and dinners here numerous times. We love it.
We made our reservation for Raglan Road on line thru their website, not thru Disney. It was easier. You will get a confirmation email with your reservation number.

TBY2225
01-02-2009, 04:51 PM
I think you made great choices! I love Kona! The macadamian nut mahi-mahi is one of my favorite dishes at Disney! I haven't tried Raglan Rd, but the Cookes CS that is beside and part of it is really good too!
CP and Sci-Fi are both ok, but I think you will be happier with the new choices!

WDWFanatic
01-02-2009, 04:58 PM
I think you've made excellent changes. We love both RR and KC. Hope you enjoy them also.

Natazu
01-02-2009, 07:21 PM
Kona Café ☺☺☺☻ (Table Service)
I’ve always had very good service and very good food here. In spite of a couple of drawbacks, it's one of the best DDP values at Disney. The bread is outstanding and can be a meal on its own. The appetizers are pure genius, one after another; each is ready for an episode of Iron Chef Polynesia. Entrées are where they lose me a little. Some of the Hawaiian influence is overstated in several of the items. Pineapple quickly overpowers a dish and you have to really love macadamia nuts enjoy a piece of fish encrusted with them. I like the Pomegranate BBQ Pork but I really like Pomegranate. The Shrimp & Scallops dish has a great flavor, though a little spicy. As far as desserts go, they’re all winners but I like the original Kilauea Torte better than the current incarnation.

Raglan Road (Table Service) ☺☺☺
If you are there during the entertainment, especially in the main room, the music is excruciatingly loud. In spite of that, we keep giving Raglan Road another chance and haven't been able to get behind the place. First let me say, the food and service can be fine. However for me, food temperatures, portion size, accuracy, timeliness, incorrect bills, misquoted prices, it’s been one thing after another. Sure, there’s plenty of Guinness, a pretty dancer, and some of the food is quite good. The problem is, you never know which Raglan Road you’re going to get… the one with great food and service or the one desperately in need of a week with Gordon Ramsay.