PDA

View Full Version : Military Discounts?

artyboy
10-18-2008, 11:01 AM
Hey!

Does anyone know anything about Military Discount Park Tickets?

I'm taking my brother and his family for Christmas, and his wife is active Air Force.

Does she buy them through her base, or do they call Disney directly?

Thanks!

Rich

Marilyn Michetti
10-18-2008, 11:43 AM
You can get them from any base, or wait until you get there, and get them at SOG. The price will be the same. (Have you considered staying there)? Price of a value, but it's a deluxe. No tax on rooms or food either.

Back to your question. (I"m old, and wander easily). If you go to SOG, just get to the TTC and take their bus over, or get off the monorail at the Poly and walk across.:thumbsup:

Marilyn Michetti
10-18-2008, 11:47 AM
P.S. If you're remotely interested, Sea World admits military free. You can get a bus at the TTC for $1.50, and it's only a 20 min. ride. NEAT place !:) They're only free at the gate, and only to active duty military, police, and fire fighters. (I think they're still included).

Don't buy tx. through Disney - they can't give you military prices.:)

BrerGnat
10-18-2008, 12:11 PM
Hey!

Does anyone know anything about Military Discount Park Tickets?

I'm taking my brother and his family for Christmas, and his wife is active Air Force.

Does she buy them through her base, or do they call Disney directly?

Thanks!

Rich

Yes, she buys them through her base, or at SOG. If she buys them on base, have her make sure to check to see if her base keeps them in stock or if she has to order them in advance (if they want to buy them there). Our base here does NOT keep them in stock, and they only place the orders every other Wednesday, and it takes 2 weeks, so you have to order them early. Just keep that in mind. Also, keep in mind that the Shades of Green ticket office has specific operating hours.

nls721
10-22-2008, 01:34 PM
We just did SeaWorld for free last week. We had to go online and register and then you print off the confirmation. You are able to get up to 4 people in free (Military, spouse and two children). The two adults need to show their military IDs though. This is also for reservists as DH is no longer AD and only a reservist now.

ibrowse17
10-22-2008, 02:11 PM
Like everyone else has said, tell her to check with MWR on her base or wait until you arrive and get them at Shades of Green. Have a great trip:thumbsup: