PDA

View Full Version : New Year's Eve Fog

2Epcot
01-02-2009, 02:04 AM
New Year's Eve had very thick fog in Orange County. I was wondering if anyone was at the park on New Year's Eve and if it caused any problems for the show that night. I was driving by the park about 11:30pm that night and the fog looked pretty bad.

DlandMommy
01-02-2009, 07:37 PM
We were there for New years eve:party:I planted my bottom down in front of the castle at noon :)I only got up to go to the restroom!At 9pm the music started it was so much fun dancing :party:At 925 the first fireworks happened and we could see them for awile but the fog started to get bad by the end. By 10pm the matterhorn was gone the fog had covered it completely.It was so cool.For awhile the castle started to dissapear and it was right in front of us! At midnight we had a countdown and the fireworks went off but you couldnt see them at all:confused:Only disney could pull of invisibal fireworks:thumbsup:It was great:number1:The best part was at the stroke of midnight Mickey grabbed Minnie and gave her the longest kiss ever:mickey:Fog or not it was a amazing night:party:

2Epcot
01-02-2009, 09:25 PM
Thanks for the report Stephanie. I was wondering if Disney would still go on with the show. Just from the look of the fog, I couldn't imagine you could see anything in the sky, and I guess I was right. At least you had a good time. One of my coworkers was there that night also, but I haven't talked to him yet.