PDA

View Full Version : Glendon's solo trip Day 6 Dec 18th

glenpreece
01-02-2009, 12:04 AM
So Today was my last day at WDW this trip. Normally I do all 4 parks on the last day but today I only did 3. Before Austin left early that morning he texted me about seeing the Team Possible thing set up in Epcot yesterday. I had mentioned that i had really wanted to do this'cause I love KP.

So i got up headed over to AK to do 2 things. I wanted to do something new in each park this trip. So far I had the fairies in MK and nothing else done for the other parks. LOL

It was kinda breezy but still with an expected high of 80 F. So i grabbed a hoodie and my traditional last day shirt (you'll see) and off I went to AK.

Got there after rope drop and headed over to EE. Jumped in the looong single rider line and awaited my final EE ride for awhile. It was getting pretty warm and so were some of the guys in line (yum, lol did i mention i love wearing dark sunglasses for exactly this reason) off i went to see the yeti one more time seated beside this teenager with his friends in front of me. So the ride went smoothly and I said good bye to the Yeti. Headed through Asia with Rosetta sticking out of my back pack. I was rocking her and the fairy back pack again today!!! Say it loud say ti proud I AM A FAIRY!!! lol

I ventured across the park and decided to see FOTLK, Austin had said his family went to see it but preferred the Nemo show. I HATED the Nemo show, couldn't even sit through the whole thing. so since I've been warming up to LK again I figured I'd do it as my new thing for AK.

I thoroughly enjoyed this show and found myself singing along with the performers. BUT I WAS FREEZING they had the air cranked thank god I wore a hoodie cause I was freezing my poor white legs off in my shorts.

So after that i headed out and said goodbye to AK. I hopped a bus to Epcot and bee lined it to the back of the park to try and so the KP thing. Hurray it was open and I did the mission in France. It was funny because everytime it told me to leave an area to get out of range I'd accidently end up right where I was supposed to be next. This game was fun and I would like to try and do the other countries next trip. Although I am sure the volume level on the communicator was annoying other people and I couldn't figure out how to turn it down. FYI The camera by the water in france is part of the game!!

I headed back to Pop and grabbed something to eat and picked up my phone since it needed to be charged up. Thenit was off to DHS. I wanted to meet some more characters and see the Beauty and the Beast Show since it was something I hadn't done before.

I headed over and was just in time for the 12:45pm show. First I grabbed a FP for ToT and then I grabbed a mickey bar and diet coke, no coke zero here and sat down for the show. I really enjoyed this show and even got a bit teary eyed at the end of it.

I left the theater and went over to ToT where I really didn't need the FP but oh well I have some in my scrapbooks. I love ToT and will ride it every trip. It's so funny to hear people freak out on it. I rocked Rosetta for the pic but she ended up being blocked so i didn't get it. i tried RNRC but the single rider line was too long and i wanted to see more characters.

I headed over to the animation Courtyard and went out back for some characters. First I met Mrs Incredible who had a PP Photog and said Mr Incredible was busy working out so he wasn't there.

Then I tried for the Bolt characters and they weren't there yet. So i tried for some power rangers but alas not there either.

So I headed over and saw the Cars guys. It was soooo hot at this point and I could feel myself getting fried (especially) my face. I stuffed my hoodie into my back pack and waited and waited. The line wasn't oo bad it was just the heat. A father behind my remarked to his wie about my backpack (as if I was deaf) "That's an interesting backpack he has on." he said Her reply was "And that's a doll sticking out fo the top!" "Oh i thought it was part of the backpack." he replied lol I know it's not really rude or anything but I just found it funny they were saying it all as if I couldn't hear them.

So i went up and made sure the kids behind me didn't bud in front cause i wasn't standing there in the sun anymore.

After that I headed out the front of the park and went over to see if the Bolt guys were there yet the line was too long but Frozone was there so I met him.

After that I decided I was in need of a swim. So as I headed out. BPB was going on so I stopped to watch it. I saw some bug's life characters and snapped some pics.

I headed back to Pop dumped my stuff in the room and went for a quick swim at the 60's pool make a call home to mom to see why she called me and I missed it cause BPB was so LOUD! I showered and changed into my new muppets shirt I picked up after the Cars meet and greet. (yeah bi forgot to mention that part lol) I headed down to the food court, had some nachos (mmmm) and then back to DHS for Fantasmic.

Once I got there I tried to do a Stitch pic but it was too late so i just went around and did some more character pics. I waited in the looong line for Bolt with dumb parents behind me who made their kids cry cause the dad was being such a jerk.

I did my pic on Sunset BLVD with tot in the background.

I decided to skip Fantasmic to do some more pics of the Osbourne lights. I was treated to them dancing along with Streisand's Jingle Bells which I LOVE!!! After I walked around there for awhile (cried a few tears because of the sheer beauty of it and other reasons) I decided to call it quits. I headed out of the park but I saw this PP girl Austin adn i had seen at Epcot and then I saw the other day at MK. she was actually taking pics so I had to have her take mine. She said of course especially since I was wearing my CM hat lol. She made me do a funny pose since she said she was tired of my normal pose she had seen in all of my other pics lol.

I thanked her and said good bye. I went to view my pics and then headed back to Pop.

I then hopped a bus over to DTD for one last Earl meal. This time I had the Tuna Melt mmmmmmmmmmmm so goooooooood. I wish we had Earl of Sandwich near here. I make people drive to NY to get it if it was there. So after that yumminess and 5 ppl calling me to tell me that the weather was going to delay my trip home, i walked around DTD. I went to WoD and picked up another Green bag and a monorail t-shirt for Larissa. Then i went over to the West side and hit Virgin and listened to some non disney/christmas music. I was going to buy some dvd's but figured I didn't want to chance being over on my luggage allowance. So after walking all over I headed back to Pop. I hung out in the shop for a bit and then went back to the room to finish packing. Tried to check on my flight but it was still too early. Oh well, I packed up everything and went to bed, sad that i was leaving tomorrow morning.

DisneyGlutton
01-02-2009, 01:10 AM
No more of Glendon's trip reports?! I am gonna cry myself to sleep. Who else on Intercot is this outrageously entertaining?

That was a really good idea to try to do a new thing at each park; for me, it would be the shows too since I usually am forced to skip them.

Thanks again for all the trip reports! Maybe I will try going solo one year, too. :mickey::mickey:

mouseketeer mom
01-02-2009, 07:55 AM
Loved your trip reports!
1)You sure say it like it is!, and
2)You know how to pack alot in one day!!
Loved them, and hate to see them go. Being a family of 5, we travel in a pack. So I loved reading about your solo trip, flying around from park to park doing so much in one day!! Thanks and look forward to more in the future!

pdrlkr
01-02-2009, 11:25 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

glenpreece
01-02-2009, 11:29 AM
No more of Glendon's trip reports?! I am gonna cry myself to sleep. Who else on Intercot is this outrageously entertaining?

That was a really good idea to try to do a new thing at each park; for me, it would be the shows too since I usually am forced to skip them.

Thanks again for all the trip reports! Maybe I will try going solo one year, too. :mickey::mickey:

Loved your trip reports!
1)You sure say it like it is!, and
2)You know how to pack alot in one day!!
Loved them, and hate to see them go. Being a family of 5, we travel in a pack. So I loved reading about your solo trip, flying around from park to park doing so much in one day!! Thanks and look forward to more in the future!

Aww thank you both so much i am glad you liked them. It's nice to know people actually like hearing the good, the bad and the magical lol. I am glad you think I am outrageously entertaining!!!

As for the trip home it was looooong. I was pulled aside for extra screening. No big deal my carry on was full of disney stuff etc. But what I think is funny is that my hand sanitizer was in my bag with other stuff loose not ina plastic baggy and they didn't confiscate it?? I didn't realize it was there til I was looking for my wallet. Way to go security guy!!

The flight was fine and only delayed 15mins leaving because of paperwork. we landed ok in Toronto in the middle of a HUGE snowstorm. it took me 5 hrs to get home. We are only about 1-1.52 hrs with traffic to the airport. Crazy snow but I was glad to be home. The best part of the trip home was finding the Combos pretzel snacks at the airport!!! mmmm I wish we had these up here.

Here's a link to my pics I hope this is ok.
http://s483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/glenpreece/Walt%20Disney%20World%20Dec%202008/

DisneyGlutton
01-02-2009, 03:47 PM
Loved your pictures, they were awesome...too awesome in fact, they are way better than mine and I'm jealous. What kind of camera do you have?

P.S. After all the talk of your unique backpack (which is actually a messenger bag, no?), it was interesting to see a pic.

glenpreece
01-02-2009, 10:47 PM
Loved your pictures, they were awesome...too awesome in fact, they are way better than mine and I'm jealous. What kind of camera do you have?

P.S. After all the talk of your unique backpack (which is actually a messenger bag, no?), it was interesting to see a pic.

Yeah that;s not the backpack i was referring to lol. Some of those pics are Photo Pass pics and some are from my camera. Here's the backpack complete with Rosetta, http://i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/glenpreece/Walt%20Disney%20World%20Dec%202008/backpack.jpg

faline
01-05-2009, 12:00 PM
Thanks for the reports and the pictrues!