PDA

View Full Version : For those on fence about CSR and Dining Plan

KatMark
01-01-2009, 10:34 PM
I just read this on one of the other forums. Here is a 2009 Dining Plan Brochure dated 12/18/2008 and it has all CSR restaurants listed for the dining plan:

<snip>

disneydeb
01-02-2009, 12:15 AM
Thanks for the information, bt I'm still a bit on the fence. I'd like to be able to purchase a couple TS meals in addition to the CS plan...and I'd rather pay the gratuity up front , and choose between an appetizer and desert.

buzz2001
01-02-2009, 07:41 AM
Thanks Kathy!!

kathiep
01-02-2009, 01:41 PM
The Pepper Market is one of the reasons we're going back to CSR. Yeah!!

thrillme
01-03-2009, 12:20 PM
What does the <snip> mean?

Pepper Market was TERRIBLE when we were there. Maybe it was because we were there late instead of at "Prime Time" but it was very over priced for low quality.

I was so put off by the FATTY steak and the tough Jerky chicken that I almost wrote in a complaint but I didn't figure anything they could do about it.

KatMark
01-03-2009, 12:52 PM
We have the rib eye numerous times and have never had a bad piece of meat. I certainly would have said something while I was there if it had been fatty and inedible. I will agree with you that some of the items are overpriced, but it is not a Disney restaurant and probably is geared toward the Convention crowd. We don't pay much attention to the prices because we are always on the dining plan.

kathiep
01-03-2009, 04:49 PM
We've always used the dining plan too so I can't comment on prices. We just felt that the variety of choices far exceeded that of other food courts. And we also felt the food quality was better. That being said, I've never tried the steak and don't know that it's something I would really get at a food court. Just my opinion.

mrmcgiv
01-06-2009, 10:34 AM
We ate there twice during our stay last month. oNce at prime time, got the steaks and they were good, the baked potato was REALLY GOOD! Kid's meals were just so-so, and limited selection, but our kids are 4 and 7, it was fine for them.

We went at 10:30 one night and got ONe mexican dish, one chenese dish and one pizza. All food was excellent. Fresh, hot and really good. I spilled a little of the chinese plate as I picjed up the mexican food and the girl cam eout and went and repleced the whole meal, she did not have to do that. Svc was really good. I would go back to CSR and the Pepper Mkt would be one of the reasons. I am sure all things are hit or miss at times. While I enjoy trying new Cs at the parks, the PM affers a nice selection for CS.

ETA: If not on DDp it seems pricey, but if on plan it is a good value and the desserts are great!

buzz2001
01-07-2009, 06:12 AM
I just read this on one of the other forums. Here is a 2009 Dining Plan Brochure dated 12/18/2008 and it has all CSR restaurants listed for the dining plan.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

armmh
01-14-2009, 04:14 PM
So help me out (for our first trip). Pepper Market counts as a CS meal? We are just going to do the QSDP so I am looking at menus trying to find good things to get on that plan. We are staying at CBR (which does not get good food court reviews) so it sounds like it might be worth a trip or 2 to PM? We will have a car... Any other good suggestions?