PDA

View Full Version : Table Service Reviews For Our Dec. 20-30th Trip

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-01-2009, 06:39 PM
We had the basic Disney Dining plan and still think its a great deal...we felt like most of our TS meals were good but only a couple were exceptional...we've decided that we will use credits next time to try a Signature restaurant or two...The servers were exceptional this time and I tipped 18% at buffets and up to 25% at the others

Here are our experiences from least favorite to best:

11) Marrakesh-This was my biggest gamble because I knew it would have to be great for mom and Dylan to like it....it started out good with good bread and a refreshing little salad...I didn't go with my first instinct and order the Sultan Sampler but we all three took our server's recommendation and ordered a combo of lamb, couscous, and chicken kebabs....:ack: it was warm, not hot and just didn't taste good...we were all disappointed...however, Dylan really enjoyed the belly dancer and our server Rachid tried to make us happy props for that, still we will never do this one again.

10) Tony's-I can hear a thousand I told you so's from Intercotees here so let me explain why we went there....Dylan loves Italian and we wanted a TS in MK because we had planned on staying for fireworks and have already tried the other TS....as it turned out we didn't stay for fireworks next time we will eat two counter service meals here and use our two TS for a Signature meal at one of the resorts...Dessert was good, we had two pistachio creme brulees and Dylan had the ice cream bomb, he did like his Seafood Diavoli, mom had spaghetti which was nasty and I had chicken parmesan which tasted like unseasoned fried chicken on a bed of pasta with Ragu straight from the jar dumped on top...our server was Jenny and was very nice, Dylan tried flirting with her-We won't eat here again:D

9) Hollywood and Vine-I don't remember our servers name but he was very nice and made us coffee to go-this is just a standard buffet like something you have at home-however, it was well worth eating here to get the Fantasmic Pkg on busy Christmas Eve-that would be the only reason we would eat here again, not bad just average

8)Hoop De Doo-I think our servers name was John?-he was nice and efficient-Dylan loved this show-food was okay, ribs and chicken, strawberry shortcake-I wouldn't choose to redo this, but Dylan loved it so we'll see

7)Boma-I found some really good things on this buffet, loved the hummus and chicken corn porridge, awesome desserts for a buffet...mom is not adventurous and only ate a couple of things, Dylan liked the penne pasta and marinara, he is a little picky too-server was Caroline, she kept the drinks coming_I would redo this one if mom wasn't with me

6)Raglan Road-I don't remember our servers name-he was really friendly, but the kitchen was a bit slow-I did notice the menu does not include Paddy's Pork anymore, so I ordered the Its Not Bleedin Chowder which I liked and Dylan tried and liked, Mom had Kevin's Ham which she said was "just ham" and Dylan had steak which he said was okay-mom and I tried it and thought it was good-he had steak for lunch too, so I think he was burned out on steak-for dessert I had Ger's bread pudding, Dylan had Dunbrody Kiss and mom had strawberry and apple crumble-I would eat here again but don't know if mom or Dylan would want to or not

5) Crystal Palace-This buffet has improved since we tried it in 2003, everyone found something they liked, the prime rib was good-server was Manalo-very nice-all the characters came by at least once

4)Biergarten-Good buffet, fun band....you do share a table and the family next to us were nice....very good bavarian cheesecake, mom loves saurkraut and this was one of her favorites....loved the decor-server Leesa was really sweet and explained the choices

3) Rainforest Cafe-AK-I know a lot of people don't like this but we've never had a bad meal here and love the cheesy atmosphere-Dylan had the ribeye, I had Pastalaya and mom had Rumble in the Jungle Turkey wrap-don't remember servers name-she was good but probably our least favorite.

2) Kona Cafe-We ate here for breakfast and our server Gary was great....I had Tonga toast-yummy-mom had the big Kahuna-loved the pineapple macadamia nut pancakes and Dylan had Steak and Eggs-very good coffee and loved the feel of the Polynesian-mom said she would like to stay her one day

1) LeCellier-Our best meal ever at Disneyworld-our server was Emily and she was great-Dylan had the filet plain with french fries, I had the mushroom filet and mom had the prime rib combo with mixed greens-she said it was the best prime rib she's ever had-we both had the maple creme brulee and it was melt in your mouth good, Dylan had chocolate mousse which he inhaled...Dylan had onion soup (the best I ever tasted) and I had the cheddar cheese soup-WOW-great I finally understand the rage on this one

ElenitaB
01-01-2009, 06:54 PM
Thanks for your reviews! :thumbsup:

I've been meaning to return to Kona for breakfast again... last time I had the Tonga Toast but I really would like to try their macadamia nut pancakes.

Crow
01-01-2009, 11:52 PM
thanks for the reviews.
sorry you had some not so great meals....
i had a great 1 at Marrakesh a few trips ago.
skipped Le Cell since I had eaten there a lot & its hard to get in & mayb a tad overated.
and i liked Raglan so may go back..
but i like reading reviews & everyone has a diff opinion of things, thats whats so great about reviews

the other micki
01-02-2009, 12:22 AM
Very thorough reviews! I am hoping to snag an ADR for Le Cellier for our April trip. Thanks for the reports!

mouseketeer mom
01-02-2009, 08:28 AM
Very nice reviews!
Marrakesh is always on our "to do" list, but we just never make it there. I'm nervous to bring my family there, and then no one eats...your post kind of reinforced my fears!
Kona cafe never disappoints!!

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-02-2009, 10:06 AM
Maybe we just ordered the wrong thing at Marrakesh, but still I won't be able to get them to go back....

big blue and hairy
01-02-2009, 10:16 AM
Maybe we just ordered the wrong thing at Marrakesh, but still I won't be able to get them to go back....
It's hard to tell. DW and I didn't like marakesh, but we attributed it to not liking the spice combinations, not the quality of the food.

:sulley:

pdrlkr
01-02-2009, 11:35 AM
Thanks for the Reviews! :eat:

WDWFanatic
01-02-2009, 05:05 PM
Too funny about Tony's. We also tried there, figured it couldn't be as bad as everyone said, right? LOL, it was worse since we had a terrible server also.

We've never done Kona for breakfast, we're more dinner people, but we may just have to make an exception.

yjgirl32
01-02-2009, 05:07 PM
Thanks for sharing.

Natazu
01-02-2009, 07:04 PM
Looks like you had a pretty good trip for the most part. I hate to hear that one of my favorites (Marrakesh) didn't perform well. I feel confident in saying it was probably just an off night for them.