PDA

View Full Version : Cozumel - What can't we miss?

DisneyFr33k
01-01-2009, 03:43 PM
My DH and I are planning what to do during our ports of call during our February western carribean cruise.

We would love any favorite "not to miss" placess to go while in Cozumel. Did anyone love a mayan ruin tour? We have been to the Chankanaab National Park before years ago and know how beautiful that is :snorkel: :diver:, but is there anything else not to miss?

Thanks so much for your advice! We can't wait!!

disneydeb
01-01-2009, 04:40 PM
While making port on the Mayan penninsula do not miss an excursion to Chichen Itza! A submarine tour of the coral reef is a "must-do" too, if time allows!

Have a fun trip!

swampfox28
01-02-2009, 12:32 AM
I've yet to go on a Disney Cruise (yet!), but have ben to Coz twice and would suggest the dolphin experience at Chankanaab (you mentioned you went to the park, but didn't say whether or not you did that) or Passion Island (Isle de Passion).

Good luck!!

-Sarah

brdavis
01-02-2009, 09:02 PM
For us it was the full dolphin swim - very pricy, and yet I'd do it again in a snap. Having been to Chichen Itza previously, personally i'd have trouble thinking I did it justice in anything other than a very long day... Tulum (much smaller site) might be better. This last trip we did Xcaret, which was much better than I thought - touristy, but worth it we thought. I must admit we "lost" 2/3rds of our kids in the cave swim... they had such a great time they simply stuck together and got ahead of us (carrying a 3 y.o.).

--
Brian Davis