PDA

View Full Version : Taylor Family 10 Days Of Christmas Departure And Final Thoughts

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-01-2009, 02:16 PM
Dates Dec. 20-30 at Pop Century

Cast DM Patty Age 61
DS Dylan Age 14
Me Age 39

Departure Day: Dec. 30th

We got up and packed and headed over to the Polynesian to eat breakfast at Kona...Dylan asked the monorail driver if he could sit up front but was told it was full...at the first stop, all those people got off and Dylan asked if he could sit up front again...the driver told him no because first choice would be given to those waiting on the platform...how mean....this was only one of two horrible cast members we encountered the whole trip...we had a wonderful breakfast and were sad to depart....we stopped at Lake City this night to break up the drive home which went smoothly...

Final Thoughts:

We will never go again during Christmas, we have been before during this time but never encountered crowds and waits this bad....it was warm all but two days so really didn't feel Christmasy....we had a great location at Pop but the walls were paper thin so we will probably go back to the All Stars....We had wonderful experiences with cast members, I found them to be friendly and efficient overall with the exception of the monorail driver and a rude castmember at the entrance to MK who told my mom he really didn't care when she had a question about how our tickets worked...the rudest people were other visitors...we had people skip in lines at rides, bus stops and I was surprised at how many people do not supervise their children...I am talking small children and this frightens me...We found the key to getting to do the most popular attractions was getting to the park at opening and doing them first or fastpassing....would like to mention by name Daniela, our mousekeeper-very sweet and John a very entertaining bus driver at Pop who told jokes and did Disney trivia...I will also mention special cast members when I post our dining reviews. I also was amazed at how very few young fit people offered to give up their seats to the elderly on the buses, my son is 14 and gave his up several times without me asking him too....

Thanks for reading

mouseketeer mom
01-01-2009, 03:40 PM
Liked your final thoughts. Always like to hear what worked and didn't work during someones trip. Thanks for reporting!:)

teambricker04
01-01-2009, 03:45 PM
Thanks for sharing... It sounds like a fun trip... despite the blisters! And 17 times on EE!!! That must be a record!:mickey:

I really enjoyed your final thoughts. I am glad there were only 2 rude CMs.

As a parent of two little boys (3yo and 1yo) I am always amazed at how little parents watch their kids as well. Personally, I like mine so I keep a good eye on them... and we don't want them to get in the way of others great time at WDW!

Happy New Year!

faline
01-01-2009, 05:09 PM
Sounds like Dylan is a fine young man! Thanks for your reports!

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-01-2009, 06:09 PM
He is a great young man and even though he sometimes drives this mom crazy, he is exceptionally polite with others, especially his elders....guess I did something right;)

nicjohn3
01-01-2009, 11:46 PM
Thanks-it is always fun to read others posts.
We went over Thanksgiving and will never do so again because of the crowds--WOW--it was like July without the heat.

It amazes me too about the children. Not sure how many trips on buses we made with our 6 and 4 year olds on our lap while the Brady Bunch family next to us had 3-4 kids under the age of 5 taking up 1=2 seats each while the poor gentleman or woman who were elderly had to stand in aisle and nothing was said to them (by their parents)

thanks again for your posts!!

the other micki
01-02-2009, 12:44 AM
Had a great time reading your reports! Glad most of the CMs were helpful. :mickey:

pdrlkr
01-02-2009, 11:24 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

Marilyn Michetti
01-02-2009, 06:47 PM
I'm amazed at how much you did. I think ten days would be great, but not during the week of Christmas.
Glad you had a good time.:mickey: