PDA

View Full Version : trip in early September?

ASweetLov
01-01-2009, 02:15 PM
My fiance and I are trying to go to WDW in early September. How crowded is it in September? Whats the temperature like?

~Natacha~

PetefromRI
01-01-2009, 02:22 PM
We got there on Labor Day this year and the crowds were small and the weather was hot.We really enjoyed this time of year but we constantly had our ears and eyes to the weather forcast,we were surrounded by tropical storms and hurricanes but luckily it didn't effect Orlando weather.We prefer early May because the weather is great and there are no chances for severe weather on each end of our flights.

teambricker04
01-01-2009, 03:18 PM
We had been going in August... at the end of the month. It was sooo hot and humid, which I imagine is still the case with the beginning of Sept. And Pete is right... it is still hurricane season. My sister LOVES to go that time of year because of the crowds. We went for the first time at the beginning of May this last year and the crowds were light and the weather was PERFECT. We didn't get rainned on once! I highly recommed May, but I think that if you can't swing it closer to the end of Sept is a little better than the beginning. Good luck planning!:mickey:

faline
01-01-2009, 04:40 PM
Crowds in early September are typically quite low and the weather is generally hot and humid. You do run the chance of encourtering a tropical storm and even a hurricane. We were there around the same time as PetefromRI and were really keeping a close eye on the weather as hurricanes seemed to be dancing all around us for the duration of our trip!

JenniferS.
01-03-2009, 08:33 AM
We have been 3 yrs in a row in September. We always have went right after labor day for my twins b-day Sept 4th. Crowds are extremly low even w/ the dining plan. Most rides were walk on or a 10 min wait, with the exception of the more popular rides, but fast passes took care of those. It is very, very hot and humid, but I think it is worth it. We aren't going this year because the kids are starting in a new school for 1st grade. We may try to go end of Nov in 2010, I hope.:fingers:

kathiep
01-03-2009, 05:00 PM
It can be very hot. We've gone in September 3 years running. But we find the low crowd levels to make it all worth it.