PDA

View Full Version : Discounts?

Dream'nDisney
01-01-2009, 12:50 PM
Are there any dining discounts available other than DDE or the Dining Plan? For instance, do you get any discounts with AAA or with the Disney Chase Visa?

TheDuckRocks
01-01-2009, 07:34 PM
I'm not sure if this is the answer you are looking for, but we received the value of the basic DDP removed from the amount we paid for our Deluxe DDP through a Disney Chase Visa promotion.

Dream'nDisney
01-02-2009, 10:47 AM
Not sure if I understand your response??

My reason for asking is that I don't believe the DDP is in our best interests. We usually eat most of our breakfasts in our room. We do eat out for lunch and usually a nice dinner, but my DD and I usually share an entree because we are not big eaters. I looked at our receipts from our last trip, and including alcohol (usually one drink for me and DH), we never spent over $100 an evening on food, including tip. The DDP, if I understand it, breaks down to be about $160 / day. I really don't see where we would spend that.

So, I thought we would just skip DDP, but since we are taking advantage of the "stay 3 free" package, I won't be getting an AP and a DDE card. So, I am wondering if you get discounts through Disney Chase card or AAA card at some of the restaurants. Thanks.

KylesMom
01-02-2009, 10:57 AM
While you may find a few national discounts from AAA at Landry's and such on Disney property, we've found that neither the AAA or Chase Disney Visa card carry much in the way of dining discounts. The discounts we have found all revolve around being A/P holders - both with the discounts offered at various TS dining locations with the A/P and the purchase of DDE.

DDuck66
01-02-2009, 11:05 AM
As stated above, I have not found many other discounts for food except through the AP. In addition to the DDE, I believe that the premium AP also gives you 10% off at quite a few restaurants for lunch...but it is only good, Monday through Friday.