PDA

View Full Version : Possibly planning for Nov 29th - Dec 5th

vorpalswrd
01-01-2009, 12:43 PM
When we went in 2003 we did early March which was fine. Prior to that in 2000 we went during the first week of December. Now I know that I like the crowds and weather for December but has anyone ever had problems with the Thanksgiving crowd lingering into the last days of November? Thanks for the feedback :mickey:

the other micki
01-01-2009, 01:35 PM
I don't have first-hand experience with this time of year, but my friend went the first 2 weeks of Dec. in '08 and she said it was really crowded; however, she said that the CMs were telling everyone that the week before that (the week after Thanksgiving) was dead, meaning very low crowds, of course!

pokci
01-01-2009, 08:48 PM
This is the best time to go! We've gone the week after Thanksgiving and into mid December for the past 5 trips. You will hear that the cheerleaders show up - but truly unless you are staying in a value, you won't know. The crowds thinned out significantly the Monday after Thanskgiving. The place is dressed for the holidays, the weather can be beautiful - watch out though. In 2007 when we arrived right after Thanksgiving it stayed in the mid 80s for almost the whole trip - very warm. Remember too that "crowd" at that time of year is not "crowd" at high season. Go and enjoy!

swampfox28
01-02-2009, 12:37 AM
We've never done WDW in Nov, but my SIL who worked for WDW for a year in college said that the week after Thanksgiving was terrific (in fact, she felt all of Nov. except Thanksgiving week was good!)

We've gone the first week of December (around the 4th or so for a few days) and found it to be AWESOME!

I'm dreaming of going THIS year around the same time you're thinking of - our youngest turns 5 on Nov. 30th and I'd love to celebrate at WDW. I wish they'd offer the awesome "stay 4 nights, get 3 nights free" or free dining at this time, but I don't think there are any special offers (I hope I'm wrong - if so, someone PLEASE correct me!!!!):blush:

-Sarah

Strmchsr
01-02-2009, 12:32 PM
The week after Thanksgiving used to be totally dead. It has, however, become a lot more popular. It's not packed, but it's not empty either. All of December has become a lot more popular.

swampfox28
01-02-2009, 10:00 PM
It's good to know that - my info is likely way outdated!

What do you think, then, is a better substitute for "an AWESOME time to go" (i.e. fewer crowds and non-oppressive weather?!):confused:

-Sarah

Strmchsr
01-02-2009, 10:12 PM
I honestly don't really think that exists anymore. My guess for lowest crowds now would be early November or mid January. September used to be empty but "free" dining over the last few years changed that. Late November and December have become extremely popular due to the Christmas stuff and October because of the MNSSHP and more schools doing fall breaks.