PDA

View Full Version : Presidents Week?

JessPearl
12-31-2008, 09:37 PM
I keep reading how Presidents Week in Feb has a high crowd level but what is considered Presidents WEEK? We are going Feb 7-14, my son's school is closed Fri the 13th for Presidents Day. So, is it the week we are going or the week after?? Thanks! :mickey:

Beast_fanatic
01-01-2009, 01:08 AM
Generally the week before Presidents Day (which is when you are going) isn't too bad, it's the week that includes Presidents Day (which is Monday, February 16th, 2009) that is the worse time.

CleveRocks
01-01-2009, 07:41 AM
I keep reading how Presidents Week in Feb has a high crowd level but what is considered Presidents WEEK? We are going Feb 7-14, my son's school is closed Fri the 13th for Presidents Day. So, is it the week we are going or the week after?? Thanks! :mickey:
You and I are going on exactly the same dates. In terms of room prices, it will be Value season when we arrive. However, for our last night (Feb. 13), the rate shoots up to Peak season, completely leap-frogging over "Regular" season ... so this should illustrate to you how much they expect attendance and demand to shoot up on that Friday.

There is a website that predicts crowd levels. All of our days rate a 5 or 6 (out of 10) except for the SAturday we check-out, which is rated a 7. 5s are about as low as days ever go ... there are occasional 4s during the year, so 5s mean that it's not very crowded at all, by WDW standards.

See you there! I'll be at Polynesian, taking advantage of the incredible Buy 4 Get 3 Free deal ... otherwise, I wouldn't be staying at Polynesian!

JessPearl
01-01-2009, 12:21 PM
Thanks so much for your help, I feel a lot better now! :thumbsup:
On the 13th we have an ADR for breakfast at Ohana but then it's kind of an "up in the air" day, so if it's crowded at least we can just do whatever since we'll already have hopefully done everything by then. Then we leave early the next morning so we should miss the huge crowds! :D

faline
01-01-2009, 04:44 PM
Presidents Day weekend is when the Daytona 500 is run. Crowds begin to increase dramatially by the end of the week leading into Presidents' Day weekend.

thumperbug
01-01-2009, 05:29 PM
Presidents week tend to be more crowded as many schools in the northeast have that week off. We went that time last year and didn't think it was that bad. There were the usualy waits at popular attractions but the crowds werent so bad that we said "we'll never go that week again". In fact we plan to be there Pres week 2009.....45 more days!!!

Disney Doll
01-02-2009, 12:30 PM
President's Day is always a Monday and it is that week that crowds really start to pick up. However, I think the increse starts the weekend before. We have gone the week before President's Day and crowds were pretty good. We got in Magic Kingdom earlier in the week and spent the weekend at AK or MGM where it tends to be less crowded.

thumperbug
01-02-2009, 02:09 PM
Based on how many resorts still have availability for that week I think it is safe to say that the crowds will be slightly increased that week but not as bad as Easter or the weeks around Christmas