PDA

View Full Version : Glendon's solo MVMCP Dec 16th

glenpreece
12-31-2008, 08:39 PM
MVMCP Dec 16th

I forgot to mention in my previous report what i did on my way back to Pop. I went over to the Poly and visited my fav restaurant, Kona Café and had their SUPERB Chicken Wings and White Chocolate Cheesecake. I tell all my clients they must eat here at least once. After that I headed over to the GF to see the gingerbread house. I must say it is very well done and I was really impressed. I had to pick up some stuff for my mom and opted for 2 ginger bread ornaments. $26.90!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Uh no I think not. I bought one and it was still close to $10!!! So after that ordeal back to MK to go back to Pop.

So after a shower, texts to Austin, a voice mail form the CM at the Concierge desk who helped me with my party ticket and a costume change I ws off to MK for MVMCP.

Now as some of you know I am REALLY into Christmas decorating. So Christmas is my thing. MVMCP was something I felt I must do at least once. Once is enough, I will probably never return at this time of year and if I do I will not return to the Christmas Party. Ok so i arrived at about 4pm and used my party ticket to get in. I decided to walk around a bit and do some rides in Tomorrowland while I waited for the Party. Since I was in MK earlier my hopper was still valid in MK so I got 2 FP's for Space Mountain. Austin insisted I do it again even though I HATE this ride cause it kills my back lol. So I got my FP's and off I went. I did the TTA and Buzz Lightyear then ventured out to the HUB to see the castle light up.

Now this is where started to go downhill for me. IT WAS PACKED!!!! People were pushing and shoving to get places and day guests were still in the park.
Ok yes I know it was only 6:30pm but I figured some would leave. Nope they stayed. So after I saw the castle light show I headed back to HM to get into Fantasyland and get some Figaro fries lol. I asked a CM if they sweep the park and she said no they just check for wristbands til about 8pm and then that's it. They asked all day guests to leave at 7pm and informed them the party was sold out tonight. So after I had my fries I went over and thought I'd meet the Princesses, after all I was here for characters. So I met Belle and Beast in formal attire, Aurora and Phillip and Cinderella and Prince Charming. I went over to the old skyway area by IASW for Snow White and her Prince but they were over by Pooh's playful spot so i back tracked and met them (no photopass photog again) and then over to meet Uncle Scrooge for the first time. I had to wait til Donald left and Scrooge came but I didn't mind. After that it was back to Toontown to meet the Fairies again.

I really hate how they won't tell you who's there. I was praying for Fawn and Silvermist since I met the other 2 on Sat. I only waited 20mins!!!! Can u believe that!! Worth the price of admission alone I'd say. this was because it was during the parade (i missed both).

After the fairies I met Mickey and Minnie in their Christmas attire and they were the worst lines of the night soo long and slow.

I met Alice .She was supposed to leave and go for a ride with some special friend but stayed to do one last pic with me cause I told her she was my fav.

I went to ue my FP for Space Mtn and walked right past 100's of people waiting in line. Cut eye central is what this line should be called lol. And thanks to Austin i remember how awful this ride is. It threw me around soooo bad!!! My back snapped several times and I didn't even go back to use my other FP. No way my back could take it.

So after that I went up to MS USA to watch the fireworks, and I am sorry but for Disney fireworks they were pretty boring. I prefer the MNSSHP ones. So i headed over to Adv Land to meet Ali and Jasmine and remarked how she must be a pretty powerful princess to have a place to sit and greet her guests. She laughed and said "That's me." I walked around the park doing as many photpass pics as I could in various locations. I took some pics with my camera of different things too and decided to call it a night. It was after 11pm so I had enough.

So would I do it again? NOPE. Was it crowded? YES. Did I enjoy the characters? YES Hot Chocolate and cookies? Nope gross! Fireworks? Boring lol. So as I said before Never again. I did it don't feel the need to go back.

Tomorrow off to AK and MK again lol.
TTFN

sshahan76
12-31-2008, 09:16 PM
Well, that's unfortunate to hear. For those of you that want another persective, I'm happy to share.
My family was there the very same night and had a great time! There were four of us, including a 2.5 yr old w/ stroller. We had a great spot for the first showing of the parade over in Frontierland right where the parade starts. We didn't have a great spot for the fireworks, but managed to see it with the all the park guests near the castle...yes, it was VERY crowded and it was a mess after the fireworks! The traffic just didn't flow and was bottle-necked. This was not our first MVMCP, so we knew what to expect. However, there were some changes and less rides were open, but we didn't mind. Mickey's Twas the Night Before Christmas show was the highlight of the night, it was fabulous! I too don't really like that we paid extra for the party and all the other folks got to stay too for free, but I imagine it would be a daunting task to round 'em all up! I do miss the free family photo (maybe we just didn't see it, but I really don't think it exists anymore.) The snow on main street was a nice treat too, my son and mom really enjoyed the night and took it all in. Christmastime is the BEST time to visit WDW in our opinion and we will be going back in 2010! :mickey:

DisneyGlutton
12-31-2008, 11:53 PM
Well at least you got to see Aurora and Phillip, and my favorite of all time, Uncle Scrooge; when I was there, he left as soon as I got in line (the only character I even got in line for, too!). How did you get two FPs for SM?

So you're saying you will never go back to WDW for Christmas, or just avoid the party?

Happy New Year, btw...I'm reading your trip report while watching Kathy Griffin on CNN, so its a good start, lol

glenpreece
01-01-2009, 12:34 AM
Oh don't get me wrong I enjoyed my visit at this time of year, but compared top MNSSHP i think MVMCP is kinda a rip off. Seeing as how many guests were still in w/o wristbands. I would go back at x-mas time but would skip the party.

I had 2 FP's because as I said in the report my Daytime ticket was valid from being in MK that day and then I used my MVMCP ticket to get the second FP that i never used.

mouseketeer mom
01-01-2009, 08:44 AM
We feel the same as you about the MVMCP. It just didn't live up to the hype for us. Whats so magical about the other MK parties, like the Pirate and Princess parties, and the MNSSHP, is that the park magically transforms at party time. You just didn't get that with the Christmas party, since the park is already all decked out. We just found the crowds to be outrageous. And while we enjoyed the parade alot, the fireworks were not spectacular like the Halloween and Pirate ones. So, if we do return at Christmas time, we will skip this party. No hard feelings about it, it just wasn't worth it for us.

pdrlkr
01-01-2009, 10:39 AM
Thanks for the report. :mickey:

faline
01-01-2009, 04:52 PM
Sorry you were disappointed in the holiday party! You did use the time to meet a number of the characters so that's a plus for you!

glenpreece
01-01-2009, 06:05 PM
Sorry you were disappointed in the holiday party! You did use the time to meet a number of the characters so that's a plus for you!

exactly, that was my intention but i was just really mad that so many day guests were still allowed in the park.