PDA

View Full Version : Tom and Marilyn's Dec. trip Last day

Marilyn Michetti
12-31-2008, 05:20 PM
We are: Marilyn and DH Thomas. Sr. citizens with young hearts.

This is our last full day, and t here's nothing on the adgenda except my popcorn. We headed over to the MK to take in the whole thing one more time. Main St. is so special. One of my favorite things is to just sit on the porch by the entrance and watch people and listen to the horses, the music, and smell the popcorn. Oh yeah, back to the popcorn. We had been "shut down" the last time we were in line for Buzz, so this was IT for our showdown. Now the truth is, I've NEVER scored well at this - my eye-hand coordination is way down, and I can't squeeze the trigger well, even tho' every four year old in the world can hit the dots with no problem. I WON !!!!(We need an end zone dance icon). I think the score was 48,000 to 18,000 give or take. The popcorn is MINE! (Now between us, I'm not exactly stupid - he let me win - he's never scored less than 100,000). He said his trigger was broken, but let's not go there. He was also taking defeat with amazing calmness. He just better never admit he took a dive next time we have an argument.

We went over to COP because it's such a timeless show, and showing signs of age. I wish the park would fix the problems or put it in an archive somewhere. We passed by Stitch and SM, and Timekeeper is gone:shake:, so I wanted to shop. We didn't buy much, but I wanted to get the tree skirt, and didn't. DH reminded me that we have a perfectly good plastic one at home, and we still had to buy popcorn. (MEN)! Truth is, there wasn't room in the suitcase. Next year........

DH wanted to watch the glass blower one more time, so we went over to Epcot, with my popcorn, and just walked around for the rest of the afternoon. He's decided not to take up glass blowing, but he bought me some birds that the artist had blown to put on our tree.

We had an early dinner at LeCellier with Rhonda and Robert. Neat people, and the prime rib was fantastic ! Thanks guys for sharing the time.

Calling it in early was hard this last night, but we know we'll be back, God willing, and we needed to pack. Monday morning, Kay Boyd, (The Duck Rocks), and her DH Robert met us at SOG for breakfast the next morning, and when we walked them out, we kept going, got on the monorail, and went to the GF to see the decorations. We had very little time before our pickup, and the long flight home.

My final thoughts are that this was our best trip ever. Meeting new friends, and being away from the stress of the last year were paramount. We probably did more each day than I'm used to, and ate WAY too much, but I'm ready to start the whole cycle of planning and saving all over again for next year.

Christmas season at WDW is truly magical, and that's not a work I use lots. The music, timed to the lights and fountains at Epcot, life me right to the top of happy. It's like going home each year - we feel comfortable, and everything is familiar.

Well, that's about it. The report brings back the whole week with more emotion than I thought. For those that were along, let's do it again, and bring the rest of you too.:thumbsup:

faline
12-31-2008, 05:27 PM
Marilyn, I have greatly enjoyed your reports! Each one was a very fun read and I'm sorry to see them end!

Goodness! You really did earn that popcorn (and I'll bet your husband's trigger really was broken)! Now....if I could just figure out how to get my husband that same car and I might have a chance at some popcorn as well!

Are you sure you won't have glass blowing equipment in your garage soon....????

mouseketeer mom
12-31-2008, 05:30 PM
I see a glass blowing husband in your future...
Thanks for the reports!!! I enjoyed every one.

pdrlkr
12-31-2008, 07:14 PM
Thanks for all the great Reports! :smickey:

kakn7294
12-31-2008, 10:20 PM
What a great last day! I'm sure that you beat him fair & square - here's a tip for you: you don't have to repeated squeeze the trigger - just hold it in and it repeatedly fires automatically. I really enjoyed your trip reports! Perhaps someday we'll meet at WDW in December...

TikiGoddess
01-01-2009, 08:19 AM
Marilyn,

I do hope we can meet some day! You and your husband sound like a wonderful couple!

So glad to hear that your trip was all you thought it might be. Going to the World with friends is different - a good different, of course!

Kathy

KylesMom
01-02-2009, 01:37 PM
My final thoughts are that this was our best trip ever. I love to hear those words, Marilyn. It's just as it should be!

Thanks for sharing your magic with us! :mickey:

RedSoxFan
01-04-2009, 09:26 AM
Enjoyed reading all your trip reports. Sounds like you had a wonderful time.:mickey:

Jeff
01-04-2009, 09:55 AM
Thanks for your reports!:thumbsup:

dtootsie42
01-04-2009, 04:06 PM
Thanks for such wonderful reports. I have enjoyed your magical moments.

ElenitaB
01-04-2009, 04:57 PM
How sweet that Tom bought you the glass birds for your tree! :thumbsup:

It sounds like it was truly a magical trip. Thanks for sharing!

DizNee143
01-05-2009, 12:29 PM
of course another great day at disney!!
yay!! you beat your hubby!!! god you!
thanx for sharing your trip with us..i enjoyed reading all about it..:mickey:

tinkerbell04
01-07-2009, 05:08 PM
Thanks for sharing your trip! I have really enjoyed reading your reports!

Kisobel
01-10-2009, 11:35 PM
WTG on the win.

kate

princessgirls
01-12-2009, 07:56 PM
Marilyn~

Thanks for sharing your very special trip with us all! I am so glad that your trip was wonderful!

I'm so glad you enjoyed everything!

May God continue to bless you in 2009!

Julie:mickey:

DisneyorBust
01-17-2009, 05:21 AM
Your last day really did seem special!
I am glad that you took the time to share your trip with us, I really enjoyed you taking us along with you!