PDA

View Full Version : Block Party Bust

Gator
12-31-2008, 03:56 PM
I'm sure there are foks out there that won't agree with me, but I didn't like the Block Party Bash. Of course, I saw it originally at California Adventure, and I didn't like it back then. Now that it's at the Studios, I still don't like it. It seems like it's a High School Musical parade with a lot of teenagers having a heat stroke and no one in the crowd really danced along. I get the whole "interactive" theme that Disney is shooting for, but out of the thousands lined on the street, there were only a few dozen that I saw actually dancing. Very disappointing. Plus, I really like the Stars&Cars parade. It seemed more Hollywood to me than this new thing.

On the bright side, the second time I went to the Studios on this last trip, the crowds at all the attractions were down for an hour while I was skipping the parade. There's always a silver lining.

Strmchsr
12-31-2008, 04:24 PM
I agree with you 100%. I don't like the BPB at all. It didn't hold my Ds8's attention for even 2 minutes and I noticed the same thing you did...not many folks participating. I like the Pixar themed parade, just not this incarnation of it.

Marymouse2003
12-31-2008, 04:35 PM
I didn't care for it either. I too missed the Cars Stars Motorcars parade. ESPECIALLY during the hollidays when converted to "Holly Days Parade". Also, you cld tell the streets were not decked out with decorations. Was just a big dissapointment for me. AGAIN, that's just me.

Gator
12-31-2008, 04:45 PM
I didn't care for it either. I too missed the Cars Stars Motorcars parade. ESPECIALLY during the hollidays when converted to "Holly Days Parade". Also, you cld tell the streets were not decked out with decorations. Was just a big dissapointment for me. AGAIN, that's just me.

I definitely missed the HollyDay Parade. It didn't dawn on me that the reason they didn't put all the tinsel was the tall floats with the Incredibles.

mom2morgan
12-31-2008, 05:02 PM
I agree...even my pre-teen age girl rolled her eyes at it. Sadly, we've never seen the the Stars and Cars parade - too bad.

Polynesian Dweller
12-31-2008, 06:29 PM
We were there shortly after it started and were quite unimpressed. The crowd didn't get into it at all. It left you thinking "is that all there is". Disney definitely can do better and should, IMHO, call this a bad idea, shelve it, and bring back the Cars parade until they can get a better idea.

mickey&missy
12-31-2008, 08:12 PM
we saw it in a preview the day before it officially started. All I can say is, eh. DD did some of the dances with a really nice CM in the parade but it just didn't do all that much for us. DH actually hated it. I don't think we'll waste time seeing it next week!

CaptSmee
12-31-2008, 08:32 PM
I thought it was lame. Bring back Stars & Cars Motorcade! Much better parade!

tyandskyesmom
12-31-2008, 08:37 PM
Skye (4), Ty (9 until 2 days ago! :( ), and I all commented that we did not like it much either. We did like seeing different characters but not the actual parade. I can say after seeing it once, none of us felt the need to see itthe next day we went to the Studios. Once was enough. We were very disappointed. Basically, it felt like it was lacking...if you did not want to get up and dance (which even at Disney is not my thing and apparently surprisingly enough my usually hams of kids did not want to either) then it was not much to watch. And that is if you could get to the frot where you could go out to dance...which would require securing seats long before the show and then, it is really not worth the wait. I should mention that we loved the Sars & Cars Parade and would see it every time we were there and wait to hold our seats if necessary!

Melanie
12-31-2008, 08:55 PM
Hmmm, I like it. I've only seen it in California though. Maybe it's just a different atmosphere in Florida, but folks always seemed to be into it at California Adventure. Stars & Motor Cars was a bit boring to me.

Polynesian Dweller
12-31-2008, 09:49 PM
[QUOTE=Melanears;1802711]Hmmm, I like it. I've only seen it in California though. Maybe it's just a different atmosphere in Florida, [QUOTE]
Interesting you point that out. I haven't seen it in California but I did see Fantasmic originally at DL and it is a far better show there. That is due to the different atmosphere out there that makes Fantasmic better there IMO.

Both these shows originated there and its possible that Block Party would look better in the place for which is was originally designed. It doesn't really fit into DHS very well and the floats (stages?) seemed to get lost in the background a bit.

joanna71985
12-31-2008, 10:20 PM
I like the BPB. My favorite units are Toy Story and Monsters Inc.

stitchaholic
01-01-2009, 05:31 AM
i loved the stars and cars motor parade,but i am looking forward to the BPB,we will dance the streets away....

Jeff
01-01-2009, 07:51 AM
We saw the Block Party for the first time last week. My family liked it. I thought it an interesting/different concept for "a parade" and we enjoyed it.
:

Zawadi
01-01-2009, 10:03 AM
We're in the "Don't like" camp.

For us the bash is both too loud and too stop/start - what you see depends entirely on where you are standing when the parade stops. We only watched for around 5 mins then left to ride ToT.

pluto 77
01-01-2009, 12:11 PM
We don't particularly care for BPB either. Granted we only saw it in California, because we were so unimpressed that we chose not to watch it last time we were at the Studios. To us the show is just boring, and I don't like that you only see the show with one group of pixar characters. I think it would be better if it kept moving, so you could see a little from all of them.

And sadly though we have been to WDW many times we never saw the Stars and Motor Cars Parade :(

DisneyNut2005
01-01-2009, 04:32 PM
I like the BPB.

Same here. It's very fun and involves a great deal of audience participation like most Disney experiences are supposed to be.

I enjoyed the Stars and Motorcars Parade as well, but it was time for a change. That parade is not coming back, since most of the cars have since been shipped to the Walt Disney Studios park at Disneyland Resort Paris.

DizneyRox
01-01-2009, 09:24 PM
I don't think I've bothered with a parade at MGM since the Mulan Parade. I'm usually gone by the time the parade starts anyway.

JPL
01-01-2009, 10:42 PM
I saw it back in June and thought it was ok nothing great. It seemed most people watching didn't know what to make of it. It's definately not on my must see list. Overall I don't think they have had a reallly good parade since the Toy Story Parade at the Studios.

SurferStitch
01-02-2009, 12:22 PM
We've seen BPB a couple times, and we really liked it. The music is good, there is a lot going on, and the crowds have seemed to be pretty involved. No, you didn't have thousands of people dancing everywhere, but it's still a lot of fun.

I loved the Stars and Motorcars parade, too, but no use wishing for something that you can't have. It was nice, but it was also time for a change. I miss Lilo and Stitch, but so be it.

Overall, BPB is a great parade.

cindchan
01-03-2009, 09:56 PM
I enjoyed the Stars and Motorcars Parade as well, but it was time for a change. That parade is not coming back, since most of the cars have since been shipped to the Walt Disney Studios park at Disneyland Resort Paris.

Wow, I'm glad I caught the parade last time I was there, since it seems I'll never see it again. Too bad, I really enjoyed the parade!

I'll have to wait till I go this year to see what I think of the party.

iLovethejonasbrothers
01-04-2009, 07:33 PM
I really enjoyed the block party bash!