PDA

View Full Version : Wine option with Dining Plan

Itchy
12-31-2008, 01:31 PM
Has anyone added the wine option to their dining plan?

I looked it over and thought it a little expensive at $40 a day for one bottle of wine.

Thoughts and impressions please.

38 days from my next trip and counting.:mickey:

SBETigg
12-31-2008, 02:33 PM
We're going for a no-kids midweek escape in April. For that, we went Deluxe Dining with the wine option. We'll spend more than that on a bottle at dinner. Considering the mark-ups in restaurants, you can't get a really decent bottle for much less. You can get some pretty good bottles at the resort shops for $15-$20 though. I'm waiting to see how it works out, but I'll definitely report back and let you know if it was a good option to add or a mistake. Though it will be a little late to help you decide for your next trip.

Itchy
12-31-2008, 02:44 PM
Thanks

My daughters always pick up their favorite wines at France at Epcot at around $15 a bottle.

My opinion is the wine would need to be the nector of the gods at $40 a bottle since I am not a big wine drinker. My daughter and her family are going with me this Feb and she enjoys her wine and I thought it would be a nice perk to add to the dining plan for her.

big blue and hairy
01-01-2009, 12:39 PM
I enjoy a glass of wine with dinner, but I'm definitely not fussy enough for this to be worth it for us. Even more so, since DW and I don't like the same kind of wines.

:sulley:

Polynesian Dweller
01-01-2009, 12:48 PM
SBETigg is right about the markups. Restaurant doubling the price is really not that bad, markups can be higher.

The real question is would you drink a bottle a day. We don't so we have a combination of by the glass (still an excessive markup) and perhaps a bottle for a special meal. Cheaper in the long run and most of the restaurants have a decent (not exceptional of course) by the glass list.