PDA

View Full Version : Spring 2009 CT meet

TikiGoddess
12-31-2008, 01:29 PM
Hi all,

I'm looking to see if there is any interest in getting a meet together:

Who: anyone from the online WDW community!
When: May or June 2009
Where: Connecticut

I've been thinking that we might do the meet at the Norwalk Aquarium (easy access for NYC folks, and they have an IMAX theater) or Mystic Aquarium.

Please post if you might be interested in attending and if you have any ideas on where/when we might do this. I'm looking to see if we can get members from other online communities to join us also... perhaps have a guest speaker? Anyone want to volunteer? :)

Thanks!
Kathy

RedheadWriter
12-31-2008, 03:03 PM
Hi Kathy!
I am doing my best to get on here every day to check things out. Call it a New Year's resoluton :)
I like your idea of Mystic Aquarium. That is only an hour or so drive for me. We have two weddings to go to at end of May and one in June (prolific wedding season this year!)
As far as being a guest speaker, what sorts of topics are we looking at?

MinnieMommie
12-31-2008, 05:27 PM
Hi all,

I'm looking to see if there is any interest in getting a meet together:

Who: anyone from the online WDW community!
When: May or June 2009
Where: Connecticut

I've been thinking that we might do the meet at the Norwalk Aquarium (easy access for NYC folks, and they have an IMAX theater) or Mystic Aquarium.

Please post if you might be interested in attending and if you have any ideas on where/when we might do this. I'm looking to see if we can get members from other online communities to join us also... perhaps have a guest speaker? Anyone want to volunteer? :)

Thanks!
Kathy

Hey Kathy,
We are too small a state to have factions. We are already planning a meet for the spring. Let's keep the group together! :mickey:

RedheadWriter
12-31-2008, 07:15 PM
Rhode Island has Connecticut beat when it comes to small
:fresh:

I am in favor of having something closer to RI, though.

TikiGoddess
12-31-2008, 08:30 PM
Hey Kathy,
We are too small a state to have factions. We are already planning a meet for the spring. Let's keep the group together! :mickey:

I really didn't mean to start anything... I was thinking this could be the spring meet -- since you did all the leg work for the last meet I would try to start the planning for the spring one. Did you already set a date/place? Let's discuss and see what we can do.

Happy new year!
Kathy

MinnieMommie
01-01-2009, 12:55 PM
Hi Kathy,

I am sorry you had to leave the CT Meet early last week. We started plans for the Spring CT Meet after you left and I posted that we did so in response to your query about a Spring Meet.

We do not have a definite date because we are working around plans of the local Intercotees who regularly attend and with other potential Meets in neighboring states. That is why I posted that I would let you know when we have a date.

Happy New Year to you too! How exciting for all of us to share a love of all things Disney. :mickey:

TikiGoddess
02-20-2009, 08:39 PM
Any ideas on dates for a spring meet, anyone?

Kathy

DWHUBBY
02-21-2009, 10:40 PM
Something we may be interested in even here in the great white north (Maine). We are not going to WDW until August and dw (Disney Whirled) needs her Disney fix, (she is driving me crazy). Mystic Aquarium would be a nice spot, been there before and loved it. June would be better, kids are out of school by mid June but weekend in May would work too. Keep us posted.:thumbsup:

Darbylew
02-22-2009, 09:35 AM
We are going March 23 for a week. Is anyone
going then? Staying at POFQ. Can't wait to get
back in the land of MICKEY :mickey: and the
MAGIC :magic: :D

grego77
02-23-2009, 09:40 PM
Hey everyone!

WOW! A New England Meet that I WON'T be able to attend! Who'd a thunk that! I'm sure it will be a blast. I think the idea of Mystic Aquarium is a great one...you can surely have a full day of Disney talk walking around the aquarium (and plus the restaurants in the area are awesome).
In terms of my plans, I will definitely be coming home in September for my birthday (the 23rd), for at least a week...so prepare for a NE Meet in September (around that time) in MA, probably back at Olive Garden. As to whether I will be PERMANENTLY moving back to the US, that's still up in the air. But I'll definitely let everyone know within the next two months definitely.
I can't wait to hear more about the planning of this meet!
Miss you all! :mickey:

Mousefever
03-12-2009, 11:43 AM
I'm hoping that you guys pick June, because I will be in New England that month!

Amy