PDA

View Full Version : Tom and Marilyn's Dec. trip day 7

Marilyn Michetti
12-31-2008, 12:27 PM
We are: Marilyn, and DH Thomas. Sr. citizens with very young hearts.

I can't believe we only have two days left. This was the morning - the BIG one! Clothes pressed? Brillo head covered by cute hat? (Soulder surgery - can't do the curling iron).

We had an ADR for the Crystal Palace at 8:00 and that in itself was exciting because I've never been in any park before opening. It DID feel magical. At the CP, I spotted some of the blue JQU shirts, and I knew I was about to face Pogo, the nice man I had given an electronic gender reassignment to earlier this summer. Also, Disney Deb,Rhonda, Bethany, Beth, Sarah, Mary, Andrew and Micki, and Traci. Some didn't make the breakfast, so maybe next time. I got our shirts and ducked into the bathroom to change so I could "blend".

We went over to Epcot because DH was fascinated with the glass blower in Germany, and I could have flown hom and he wouldn't have known. Instead, I told him I wanted to go over to the American pavilion to meet the Lennon Sisters. (How many of you are going "who")? Anyway, we share some of the same history, and I just wanted to see if they looked as old as I do. They didn't, so I didn't buy one of their dolls, but did get my picture with Janet and Kathy.

Back up for a minute. On the way over to America, I passed Italy, and realized that Captain Jessica Sparrow had written that she would be with the storyteller on Sat. Here comes the CM ringing the bell, and when the storyteller got started, I went up, trying to be discreet looking at her name tag before saying, "hi, Jessica, I'm really happy to meet you". She's just as sweet as she can be, and really likes her job.

I can't remember exactly the sequence, but we ran into the "group" after that and stood around talking for a bit. We had met up with Bethany and Piglet on the way in, and she did everything short of kicking me before I noticed her. (When your eyes are two feet below everybody else's, that can happen). Anyway, I promised not to tell where Piglet is.:piglet:

We had done the CP on Tuesday, and had been third and fourth in line behind a CM that brought her mother in a WC. She works at the Liberty Tree Tavern, and hasn't missed a days work in 20 years. Well, it's Saturday, and I wanted to pop in for a hot dog, and we spot the CM stocking the condiment stations, and I went over to her to say "hi, remember me"? She was really happy to be greeted by name. I can see why she likes her job - she likes people.

We left Epcot before the monorail filled because my battery was in the very low zone. I opted for the bus at TTC, even tho' it was crowded, because DH isn't young enough to push me and the scooter up the hill to SOG.

Tomorrow is our last full day, and I have a bet with DH. I'm going to stomp his A**(teroids) on Buzz Lightyear for a BIG cup of popcorn. I've never beaten him yet, but this is my lucky year.:thedolls::old:

Stay tuned for one last day, and final thoughts.

princessgirls
12-31-2008, 01:34 PM
Marilyn~
A lovely day!! Thank you for sharing.

Julie:mickey:

faline
12-31-2008, 02:05 PM
You certainly got to meet a lot of folks! Fun day!

mouseketeer mom
12-31-2008, 05:28 PM
How wonderful meeting all those wonderful Intercot folks! :mickey:

stitchaholic
12-31-2008, 06:28 PM
i am going to be dissapointed when your trip comes to an end,i look forward to reading your daily trip reports! however,we(my 2 children and i will be there in 3 short weeks)

pdrlkr
12-31-2008, 07:14 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

kakn7294
12-31-2008, 10:15 PM
What a great day! Sounds like you had a couple of great meets - and Jessica is wonderful! We made a great connection with her. I'm off to read about your last day - that day is always a little bittersweet for us.

pogo
01-02-2009, 09:44 AM
That Crystal Palace meet was fun, wasn't it. :thumbsup:

Patti and I enjoyed meeting you and Tom so much. You are a wonderful, funny lady that I am so proud to call a friend ! I can't wait to do it again ! :yes:

God bless ! :D

KylesMom
01-02-2009, 01:32 PM
What a great day, meeting all of those wonderful Intercot people!!! :thumbsup:

I know when I'm able to beat DH (and DS) at Buzz I can't stop gloating - here's hoping you get some extra pixie dust on your last day to do the same! :mickey:

ElenitaB
01-04-2009, 04:53 PM
So that was you and Tom leaving the MK as we were arriving. We had just made it into the hub, Natalie told me that she had just seen a lady in an ECV with a little AZ license plate that said Marilyn. But you were outta there before we could go back and look for you! Sorry we missed chatting with you... you were one of the people I really wanted to meet in December. :hug:

The Lennon Sisters were at EPCOT? How cool! I grew up listening to their music and would have loved to at least get an autograph.

DizNee143
01-05-2009, 12:19 PM
sounds like a great day meeting with everyone!! :mickey:

tinkerbell04
01-07-2009, 05:03 PM
What a great day! I wish I was able to make at least one of the meets, but we left just a day too soon!

Kisobel
01-10-2009, 11:33 PM
good luck space ranger.

kate

disneydeb
01-13-2009, 06:43 AM
What a woderful day that was! I enjoyed meeting you and many of my other on-line friends. You and your hubby are precious people:thumbsup:
I wanna do it all over again.:D

DisneyorBust
01-17-2009, 05:16 AM
I was glad to read that you had an ADR for a Crystal Palace breakfast, we try to this each trip. Going into the Magic Kingdom prior to opening is something special.
Looking forward to read how your Buzz Lightyear competition turns out!