PDA

View Full Version : Park Ticket QuestionS

Kingmob31
12-31-2008, 12:38 AM
Hey all,

I will be going to a convention in Orlando in April. Most of my time will be spent at the convention, but I will probably be able to get away for two days and I want to spend it at WDW.

Now here's the problem: The days will most likely be on a Thursday and a Saturday.

So, my question: What is the cheapest way to get tickets for those two days?

The hotel room is already paid forby my job, but I also want to spend as little as possible, so no Park Hopper or Dining Plan for me. If I get a 2-day ticket, won't I have to use it one two consecitive days? I most likely won't be able to arrange my free days together.

Should I just get 2 separate single park tickets? Are the going to raise the prices any time soon? Any suggestions to get the cheapest tickets possible?

Thank you in advance

brian2000boston
12-31-2008, 01:02 AM
Hello,

Magic Your Way Base Tickets expire 14 days from their first use.

I do think you can go either way though. Since you are going only two days the price break isnt very big. It really, in my opinion, kicks in on days 4 and 5, and beyond.

But if you buy a 2 day ticket it will work the entire time you re there.

One thing to think about is if you buy seperate tickets and do not make it second day, you are all set to strart your next trip!

faline
12-31-2008, 09:19 AM
Many conventions offer Disney tickets for sale. Will your convention provide this?

Kingmob31
12-31-2008, 11:47 PM
Many conventions offer Disney tickets for sale. Will your convention provide this?

No, I don't think so. It is a student convention. The only thing they are paying for is the hotel room.

I think I might buy the 2-day ticket. Even if I only save a couple bucks it will be worth it.

Thanks everyone.

CleveRocks
01-01-2009, 07:45 AM
You should still ask if the convention has special tickets for sale. She wasn't talking about the convention handing out tickets for free as part of the convention or that free tickets were part of going to the convention, she was talking about the convention offering them for sale.

DizneyRox
01-01-2009, 10:01 AM
Check with the convention to see if they offer discounted tickets. These are often an option, HOWEVER, they MAY come with some date restrictions. Also, don't expect significant discounts, but any little bit helps these days.

An example is for my wedding, people COULD have purchased some discounted tickets, BUT they were only good for a couple of weeks arond the wedding date. People couldn't purchase them now and use them on their next trip, etc. Just remember this if you go this route, ONLY BUY WHAT YOU WILL USE!

Finally, I DO expect Disney to raise prices this year as well. If bookings are down, they will try to get what they can from people who are coming. I've always maintained, get tickets as early as you can afford them, they WILL NEVER GO DOWN IN PRICE, only up.