PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Welcomes Rose Bowl-Bound Teams

Melanie
12-30-2008, 10:35 PM
Disneyland Welcomes Rose Bowl-Bound Penn State and USC Football Teams

ANAHEIM, Calif., December 26, 2008 – The BCS-ranked No. 8 Penn State Nittany Lions and No. 5 USC Trojans will make their first official appearances of the Rose Bowl Game week Friday in a ceremony at the holiday-themed Sleeping Beauty’s Winter Castle at Disneyland.

Disneyland has been associated with the Tournament of Roses since 1959 and has had the honor of hosting many teams during that time. As Disneyland welcomes the 2009 Rose Bowl Game teams, Disney Parks is asking guests “What will you celebrate?” Whether it’s an anniversary, graduation or celebration of time with family and friends, Disney Parks will make every milestone magical in 2009. Also in 2009, guests can visit a Disney park at Disneyland Resort or Walt Disney World Resort for free on their birthdays. Log on to www.disneyparks.com to register.

Penn State Coach Joe Paterno, USC Coach Pete Carroll and members of both teams took part in the Castle ceremony with Disneyland Resort President Ed Grier, Mickey Mouse and the Disneyland Band. Penn State defensive end Josh Gaines, safety Anthony Scirroto, center A.Q. Shipley and wide receiver Derrick Williams represented the Nittny Lions, while USC quarterback Mark Sanchez, linebacker Brian Cushing, safety Kevin Ellison and offensive guard-center Jeff Byers represented the Trojans.

Following the ceremony, coaches and players answered questions from members of the media an took some time to experience popular Disneyland attractions such as Matterhorn Bobsleds.

The 95th Rose Bowl Game presented by Citi, played in Pasadena on Thursday, January 1, 2009, will mark the third Rose Bowl Game appearance for the Big-Ten Champion Nittany Lions (11-1 in 2008). The Trojans (also 11-1 in 2008), champions of the Pac-Ten for the seventh year in a row, will be making their 33rd appearance in the Rose Bowl Game.

NotaGeek
12-30-2008, 10:54 PM
OMG ... I was wondering. We saw the whole USC Football team hanging out in the parks on 12/26!

DisneyLandMomma
12-30-2008, 11:50 PM
Yea, we were there. YIKES...As soon as we parked I thought I was actually at the Rose Bowl. I couldn't believe the lines to get into DL. :eek: Since we had 2 days there, we decided to spend Fri at CA, I didn't see players there until evening time.