PDA

View Full Version : What would you do? Please help

green ranger
12-30-2008, 12:11 PM
My DH and I have two children, DS 5 and DD 3. For Christmas, my husband surprised me with a trip to Hawaii for a week at the end of January and my parents agreed to watch our children. However, the week of Christmas, we were surprised with a positive pregnancy test! I don't see the doctor until Jan. 15. I told my husband that I want to cancel the vacation. I'm scared to be 10 hours away from my children and I'm scared to be pregnant and on an airplane that long. My husband understands, but is really upset because he really put a lot of preparation into this trip for me. Am I letting my fears take over too much? Would you go?

cer
12-30-2008, 12:31 PM
If it were me, and I had two successful and uneventful pregnancies, morning sickness being a small issue (for me it was, at least) and the Dr. said ok, I would go....

BUT- if for some reason, you can't warm up to the idea of taking this trip, I would not. Chances are you would not enjoy yourself anyway...

And by the way...Congratulations!

Oh, and what a great guy you have!

Madame Leona
12-30-2008, 12:35 PM
I would talk to the doctor and see what he/she has to say but if your gut is telling you no, go with that. You won't have any fun on the trip if you are stressed out. Congratulations!

Pirate Granny
12-30-2008, 01:07 PM
Call your OB/GYN and ask the question as soon as they open in the new year...you can confirm on the 15th when you go. If you are healthy there is probably no medical reason not to go.

It would be a wonderful opportunity to have some alone time before you celebrate the birth of your third child...take a deep breath, and I'm sure you have no problems with your parents watching the kids...GO...it'll be a while before you are able to take another trip alone and your hubby has put so much thought and effort into making this trip...

p.s. as a Grandparent I would KILL to watch my grandbabies for a week...and I'm sure the kids would enjoy the time also... SMILE...

SBETigg
12-30-2008, 02:12 PM
I would most definitely go as long as the doctor said it was fine. Check with the doctor and go without guilt. You may not get an opportunity to have this kind of trip and alone time with the DH again soon, and you may well regret not doing it when you could have.

Georgesgirl1
12-30-2008, 02:14 PM
First of all, congrats on the pregnancy! Second, wow, what an awesome Christmas present for your DH!

I would call your doctor and ask about traveling. I know my doctor was okay with me traveling well into my third trimester since I had a normal, uncomplicated pregnancy.

With a new baby, it will be awhile before you will be able to get away with just your DH again. If I were you I would consider it a Babymoon and enjoy your trip!

thrillme
12-30-2008, 03:44 PM
Double check with your doctor but you're soooooo early in your pregnancy I can't think of anything you really can't do in Hawaii except maybe drink and perhaps parasail.

I think you'll be just fine. This may be the last time you can do it for a while.

Coach48
12-31-2008, 08:27 PM
Seems like all the pictures my wife and I have from our just for 2 vacations show her pregnant.She has traveled early,middle,and late term and aside from normal issues has never had any problems.Go(with Drs. blessing)and enjoy.

princessesmom
01-01-2009, 05:46 PM
If your doctor says okay, I would definitely go. Spending time alone with your husband is important and I'm sure your kids will have a wonderful time with their grandparents. We get away every few years without the kids and we always look at it as a win-win for everyone. We get to relax and do some adult things while the kids get to spend time with their grandparents - and my parents love it as well. Don't feel guilty, you and your husband are entitled to some time alone and you are leaving your kids in good hands!

jrkcr
01-02-2009, 12:04 PM
Call your Dr, and if the Dr says it's ok...GO!! It may be the last "couple" vacation with your DH for a while! How sweet of him to plan it!!

I traveled pregnant, alone with DD2, cross country. :plane: Had to ask a nice lady next to me to keep an eye on DD while I went to throw up. :sick:(morning sickness) But I was going to be sick whether we were in the plane, or at home, or anywhere else.

Good luck with your pregnancy, and I hope you get to go!

Joannelet
02-02-2009, 08:22 AM
I think you should go :) and anyways your DS and DD will have a vacation too at Grandmas :)
At this point I know you went because you are my sister :) LOL
The kids had a fabulous time and I hope you and your DH had a great time in Hawaii! :)
Love ya! :)

Stitchahula
02-02-2009, 02:31 PM
Could it be hormones that is causing to you to worry so much. Check with your doctor like everyone else has said if they say ok then go and enjoy yourself. That way you'll have nice memories to think back on when the baby is up half the night crying. Congratulations on the news of the new little one.