PDA

View Full Version : Disney Memory Quilt

VWL Mom
12-30-2008, 10:38 AM
Yesterday we started our annual closet purge and I decided some of our older embroidered Disney sweatshirts need a home. Both DS have saved their favorites (can't seem to remember them being so small), I have mine, and I even have my mom's WDW Christmas from her last trip with us 11 years ago. They hang in the dark corners of the closet because of the memories attached but I'd like to do something with them. I'm thinking of making a quilt. For those that are quilters, would I be better to cut the embroidered patch and sew onto squares or should I just cut the square from the shirt and use that fabric?

summerRose
12-30-2008, 11:39 AM
this ought to get you started:
http://www.straw.com/quilting/articles/teequilts.html

what I did with my dd's t-shirts and sweatshirts was cut out the squares and iron it on to a fusible then iron that to another fabric cut to the size squares I wanted (all 12 inches) then sew them together...

Magic Smiles
12-30-2008, 12:37 PM
As I am not a quilter I have never heard of this. What an amazing idea. I might just have to try this with DSs old Tshirts.:thumbsup:

MaryPoppinsFan
12-30-2008, 12:37 PM
Thank you for posting this link. I have a huge box of t-shirts from my years as a Tennis Ump and assorted tournaments that I wanted to make a quilt of. I have no sewing talent what so ever, but my Mom does and I'll be passing this along to her :)

Thanks again

VWL Mom
12-30-2008, 01:46 PM
Thanks SummerRose, that's a great starting point for me.