PDA

View Full Version : Any parking tips?

wjrhw
12-30-2008, 10:16 AM
We are leaving in a couple of weeks and I plan to do more driving on this trip in lieu of WDW buses.

I've heard of some tricks and tips, but I cannot remember them anymore.

For instance, I think I remember someone saying to park in a certain section of ECPOT and DHS for a quick entry or a little used bag check.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mickey'sGirl
12-30-2008, 10:20 AM
At MGM, always walk to the entrance from the parking lot. You will need to cross over to the side walk, but when you follow it along, you will encounter a lone security guy to check your bags etc, without all the crowds. You will still need to join the regular queues into the park, but you will avoid the security clog.

ThanxForNoticin
12-30-2008, 12:22 PM
The only rule of thumb we use is that we don't drive to the MK, just EPCOT, DHS, and AK. We find it much more efficient to take the bus to MK.

I don't think you really can pick the section you're going to park in. You are pretty much directed to the area of the parking lot they are loading when you get there, so I'm not sure you really have a 'tip' there.

wjrhw
12-30-2008, 01:55 PM
The only rule of thumb we use is that we don't drive to the MK, just EPCOT, DHS, and AK. We find it much more efficient to take the bus to MK.

I don't think you really can pick the section you're going to park in. You are pretty much directed to the area of the parking lot they are loading when you get there, so I'm not sure you really have a 'tip' there.

You are correct in the morning, but I remember driving to Epcot and AK in the evening and there was nobody directing cars. We usually go to a park in the morning, back to the hotel for a couple of hours in the afternoon, then to a different park in the evening.

ThanxForNoticin
12-30-2008, 03:47 PM
You are correct in the morning, but I remember driving to Epcot and AK in the evening and there was nobody directing cars. We usually go to a park in the morning, back to the hotel for a couple of hours in the afternoon, then to a different park in the evening.

Yes, going back to park later in the day could be a little different. But even then, they usually have cones set up to try a direct you to certain areas to park. At that time of the day you might be able to find something closer, but you'll probably have to drive around cones to get there. We will often do exactly what you are talking about here - drive in the morning to one park, take a break, and then drive to a different park in the evening. We often end up just parked farther away from the entrance in the evenings.

Kenny1113
12-31-2008, 04:20 PM
AAA has a parking pass for members. Depending on how crowded the park is when you get there, it can be good or bad.

Georgesgirl1
12-31-2008, 04:25 PM
I second the AAA Diamond Parking Pass. We had one on our last trip and loved it. We never had a hard time getting a spot in the preferred area, but we were there during a "slower" time of the year.