PDA

View Full Version : ? re: reserving a room at a DVC villa?

Dsnygirl
12-30-2008, 04:18 AM
Hey everyone...

DH and I are (again) considering a DVC membership down the road. We're planning a family trip for next October, and are thinking about staying at our current favorite resort, CBR, for 7 nights, and then renting a 1-bedrm @ OKW for 3 nights while we take a tour, see what we think. But -- I also checked the price -- a bit steep for our blood @ $430/night...

Are there any discounts out there for AP holders or any for the villas during the other discounts, or should we try renting from someone?

Any good ideas, or is that the best idea for checking out OKW before we decide if we want to buy in?

DizneyRox
12-30-2008, 07:41 AM
The going rate for renting points is about $11 a point. You will be hard pressed to find those types of accomodations for that cost.

I think your best bet is to rent points from someone you trust. If that can't happen or you don't find someone you can trust for the transaction, then you can try for some other discounts. Something tells me in the upcoming year, discounts will not be hard to find. How deep they go though is anyone's guess.

pogo
12-31-2008, 12:16 PM
Call me......

as Natazu would say...... " I know a guy " ! :D

Natazu
01-04-2009, 03:50 AM
Call me......

as Natazu would say...... " I know a guy " ! :D

I've already talked to her about it. :fresh: