PDA

View Full Version : Ordering From WDW Merchandise

DisneyPrincess21
12-29-2008, 11:32 PM
I have some questions about ordering stuff from wdw merchandise that I saw in the parks. What I am wondering is how different the prices are from what you would pay in the parks. Are they a higher price, or the same as in the park. And how expensive is the shipping cost? Also will they allow you to buy stuff like the mickey pretzels or other pre packaged snacks they sell in the snack area of the gift shops. Thanks for the help! :thumbsup:

AmyKane
12-30-2008, 12:22 AM
I just happened to place an order today from Disney World Merchandising. I ordered the 2009 16 month calendar. It was the same cost as if I purchased it at the parks. The shipping was 9.95 and that is for anything under $50.00. I wish I had more to order.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
12-30-2008, 12:25 AM
They will not sell food items because they can't guarantee its quality by the time it arrives.

But the prices are the same and the shipping cost is based on how much you spent. There is a sticky for a list of shipping prices and commonly bought items in this section. It should be the first two or so items.

Marymouse2003
12-30-2008, 02:53 AM
Jess,
You're correct about the food items. I usually get my nieces and nephews the different Goofy candy (sour cherry balls, gummie characters, etc.) I knew my luggage was over weight on the way to WDW & didn't want to weigh it down any more, so I had everything I bought @ the WDW, sent home via Fed Ex. It weighed 18lbs and it cost be $18.00. In the past, I have purchased the candy once home and they shipped to me. When I called today, NO MORE FOOD ITEMS will be shipped out. Big time bummer. The only way I can get the kids the Candy is to find some1 who's going to WDW & get them to bring home for me or have them ship it Fed Ex from Convention Center @ CR. Oh, I had a stack of paper cups from our room, you now, the one's you can get a drink in @ resort, the characters are all Christmased out, my younger nieces and nephews went nuts over them, lol...go figure. They fell in love with paper cups. I better not let them see my souvenier Christmas mug from the popcorn vender?!?!!?!?!?! LOL!!!!!!!!!! I'll have a war on my hands. As for price difference, in my experiences, the prices were the same. Good luck & I hope you find what you want. I guess the kiddies and a few grown ups will have to wait until we hear of some1 going to the world. I must say, I'm salivating(?) for those sour cherry balls!
God bless,

mouseketeer mom
12-31-2008, 08:18 AM
Ordering from WDW merchandising is super easy. My calendar came in the blue WDW bag you would get in the parks. Its the shipping that is expensive. My DH ordered me the 4 parks one world CD for Christmas and he ordered it last minute and it arrived on time!

megustamex
01-09-2009, 11:30 AM
I don't know why, but I swear I paid less for the Cinderella Castle playset when I ordered it through Disney merchandising rather than buying it in the park. Seemed like it was about $6 less. Anyway, shipping for that huge box was only $10 which I though was very reasonable and I was really happy with the delivery times - it arrived in less than a week.

One other thing - one time I bought a bad CD from AK. I got it home and it didn't play, so I called and Disney merchandising shipped me a replacement no questions asked. Fabulous service!

CaptainJessicaSparrow
01-09-2009, 09:37 PM
The Cinderella Castle Playset changed prices recently. You may have ordered it before the prices went into effect and hence, got a lower rate.

hubbyofadisneyholic
01-10-2009, 05:12 PM
There are other companies that actually shop at WDW and ship the item to you. For Christmas we got a large can of the white Belgain hot chocolate mix as a stocking stuffer for our daughter.
Not sure if that would be considered a "food item" but the company we ordered from says that if it is in a store anywhere at WDW they will get it for you.

Since I can't leave the link here, just do a Google search.