PDA

View Full Version : Tom and Marilyn's December trip Day 1

Marilyn Michetti
12-29-2008, 05:40 PM
We are : Marilyn, and DH Thomas - Sr. citizens with young hearts.

We flew nonstop from Phoenix to Orlando on Southwest, landing around 6:00 p.m. SW has open seating, and as I travel with my ECV, I'm boarded first. This was a continuing flight from L.A., but the left bulkhead was empty - more leg room, and (cough), closer to the bathroom. Well, the next person boarded was a family with the BIGGEST service dog I've ever seen - she was HUGE, and was a special service companion that does everything for the boy in the wheelchair, from pushing elevator buttons, bringing the phone, answering the phone, etc. Anyway, nobody had told the steward that the dog would be boarding, but she needed the leg room more than we did, so we happily moved a row back, and Lucy slept the whole trip.

Our room at SOG was in the old section on the third floor, so we were able to enjoy Wishes each night from our balcony.:fworks:

Day 1

Sunday, Dec. 7th, we broke tradition, and went to the Studios for our first day. I LOVE the ??? (what IS it called now)? It will always be MGM to me. There was no line for TOT, and DH doesn't "do" that, so I went alone. I could ride that all day, but......We next went on the GMR, which is always fun, because I actually know what some of the movies are about. After a hot chocolate break at the commisary, we went to the Lights, Motors, Action stunt show. I've never seen it before, but it was exciting !!! Mostly, at the studios, I like the shopping, and having just had shoulder surgery, I passed on Star Tours and Rock 'n Rollar coaster. We bought some red flannel "jammies" for my mom, earrings and a hat for me, and browsed in Sids. The Toy Story parade, or show was GREAT ! The little kids in front of us were soooooo into the dance.
Even tho' we were now at the front of the park, it was too early for our early dinner at Cape May, so we backtracked to One Man's Dream. I'm thinking they'll probably shut that one down one day because it's always virtually empty, but it's the vision that made this whole place come into existance. I went into the animation gallary looking for a Ward Kimball Pinocchio, (DAH) - if it wasn't there before, it isn't now.:secret:

We had a 5:00 ADR for Cape May, so we took the boat over, and still had time to look around. It was a super dinner, because DH loves clams, and he can get all he wants.

After dinner, we got a bus back to the TTC, and drove/hiked up the hill to SOG. I got a cup of Peppermint tea to enjoy while we sat by the fire - then the old folks went to bed.:old:

mouseketeer mom
12-30-2008, 08:27 AM
A terrific start, can't wait to read more!

pdrlkr
12-30-2008, 10:52 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

KylesMom
12-30-2008, 11:23 AM
We are : Marilyn, and DH Thomas - Sr. citizens with young hearts.
Um, it doesn't sound like you're seniors from your first day! :D Can't wait to read more!

faline
12-30-2008, 11:44 AM
Lovely day! Hmmmm! Haven't been in Sid's for a while and it's such a fun shop to browse!

princessgirls
12-31-2008, 11:02 AM
Great first day Marilyn!

Thanks for sharing!

Julie:mickey:

Mickeydream
12-31-2008, 08:58 PM
We have also been to One Man's Dream when only a small number of other guests were there. I love it there and would hate to see it closed for lack of attendance. I love seeing the castles from the other Disney parks.

Sounds like you had a fun first day. :mickey:

kakn7294
12-31-2008, 09:49 PM
Marilyn, I'm so glad you made it back! I know how disappointed you were last year. I can't wait to read more! Sounds like a great first day and that was so nice of you to give up your coveted seats for the family with the service dog. I'm sure they really appreciated it!

ElenitaB
01-04-2009, 04:30 PM
Marilyn, nice first day! :thumbsup:

Lights, Motors, Action is quite something, isn't it? I'm guessing you rode Toy Story Mania another day... on to read more!

DizNee143
01-05-2009, 10:46 AM
sounds like a pretty good travel day and fist day at the parks!! cant wait to read the rest! :mickey:

tinkerbell04
01-05-2009, 02:32 PM
:mickey:Sounds like a great first day! Thanks for sharing.

DisneyorBust
01-08-2009, 10:55 AM
A great start for your vacation!Thanks for sharing your trip with us!

Kisobel
01-10-2009, 11:18 PM
sounds great. what a neat service dog.

we have always wanted to try cape may's but it gets so-so reviews.

kate