PDA

View Full Version : Brad's Happy Holiday Adventure - Day One - Travel Day

brad192
12-29-2008, 03:28 PM
Who: Just me – my third consecutive solo trip.
When: Dec. 10-20
Where: Pop Century, room 6459

Day One – The Adventure Begins:woohoo:

With a scheduled 12:20 departure from Detroit, I was up & running by 8. Morning routine completed, I finished packing, loaded the car, and said goodbye to the cats. They didn’t look too pleased. :pout: In the car & on the way to the airport by 9:30, I breezed thru check in & security, grabbed a burger and drink for lunch, and headed for the gate. Boarded right on time, but as 12:20 came and went, I wondered what was holding us up.

Apparently, there was an issue with weight & balance on the plane, and in about 15 minutes we were on our way – wheels up at 12:45. An absolutely packed flight, but very smooth, and we arrived only 12 minutes late. Opting to schlep my own luggage (an almost 6 hour wait last trip for delivery :mad:), I hit the carousel, grabbed my bag, and headed for the DME counter. I was checked in almost immediately, but waited about 25 minutes for the bus to fill & depart. Edmund, our driver, was wonderful. Doing a little “Disney Magic” with the GPS timed welcome video, and making jokes & offering info the whole way.:thumbsup:

Resort check in was a breeze, and I was in my room unpacking by about 6PM. I forgot about those “turbo flush” toilets they have at Pop, and the first time I hit the handle I jumped back about a foot! :haha: After unpacking, I headed for the food court for dinner. Cheese steak wrap, fries, and a soda in my new refillable mug filled the hole in my stomach, and I did a little recon in the gift shop to see what was new since last year. Wandering back to my room, I enjoyed the mild temps & chirping crickets, as it was 23 degrees when I left Michigan. Little did I know that tomorrow would not be nearly as nice. Back in my room, I took a nice hot shower, watched a little resort TV, and hit the sack around 11PM. After all, tomorrow would be MK & an attempt to fulfill my usual traditions! :mickey:

goofy for pluto
12-29-2008, 03:40 PM
Sounds like a wonderful start to your trip. Looking forward to reading more!
:thumbsup:

ibelieveindisneymagic
12-29-2008, 04:15 PM
Glad you had a good start, and a fairly easy trip! :plane:

hoop de do
12-29-2008, 05:25 PM
Brad: Anxious to hear about day two. Keep em' comin'.

faline
12-29-2008, 05:30 PM
Despite the initial delay, you got there almost on time. Arrival day is always so nice - knowing you have your whole trip ahead of you!

mouseketeer mom
12-30-2008, 08:22 AM
Oh, I understand about saying goodbye to the cats. My cats are never pleased, and usually don't even let me see them on departure day! Off to a great start!

pdrlkr
12-30-2008, 10:52 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

KylesMom
12-30-2008, 12:49 PM
I forgot about those “turbo flush” toilets they have at Pop, and the first time I hit the handle I jumped back about a foot! :rotfl::rotfl: You do realize that the turbo flushes are at most all of the resorts, right? Just warning you ahead of time!!! :D

Glad you got outta dodge before any terrible weather hit. Looking forward to your reports! :mickey:

princessgirls
12-31-2008, 11:43 AM
Brad~

You are in Disney having a great day!

Thanks for sharing!

Julie:mickey:

DizNee143
01-06-2009, 03:21 PM
sounds like a wonderful start to the vacation..cant wait to read about the rest!! :mickey:

tinkerbell04
01-07-2009, 01:58 PM
Sounds like it was a great start! We were there at the same time :)

dolphinmickey9170
01-19-2009, 04:23 PM
What a start. Glad the plane issue was figured out. Thanks for sharing.:mickey:

Bethis26fan
01-24-2009, 02:31 PM
Sounds like a pretty good start.