PDA

View Full Version : I'm baaacccckkk..

Patricia
12-29-2008, 10:07 AM
Snow, sun and pools. Oh my!

More later. :wave:

terri.m
12-29-2008, 10:14 AM
WB Patti! I was wondering if you made it out before the big storm!

JPL
12-29-2008, 01:46 PM
Welcome Back :mickey:

chrisb26
12-29-2008, 01:53 PM
Welcome back Patti hope you had a great trip!

Patricia
12-31-2008, 10:02 AM
Tea, we almost didn't make it. It was iffy.

We did get stuck in Toronto overnight as we missed a connection due to getting out of snowy Kelowna late. Westjet was kind enough to extend our vacation an extra day to make up for the lost day. They also put us in a very nice hotel and gave us food vouchers.

They were the airlines to be stuck with. Amazing service under huge pressure and thousands of people standing in lines for accommodations.. :thumbsup: It was actually the first line of our trip at 1.5 hours.

Funny story.. They were having trouble finding our luggage as it was supposed to go to customs and we didn't make it there. Customs closed at 9, we arrived at 9:15 an hour late. So, Prince Charming (PC) was waiting at the luggage area with the nice gentleman there helping us.. and they sent me up to get in the line. Another nice man up there took me from line as they had held the plane for us till customs closed. He told me they re booked us the next night at 8:10 as there were no morning flights left. He said that might change when I got to the end of the line. He changed my return to give me the the extra day in Florida and sent me back to line. While in line, I was on my iPhone looking up Westjet flights and Bam! 3 seats popped up on a morning flight.. so, I'm stuck in line looking for a WestJet rep. After 20 minutes, I'm worried the seats will be gone already as people keep changing flights. I didn't want to refresh the page and see them gone.. :(
Just then, PC shows up with bags and tells me that the gentleman helping him with luggage saw the morning seats come up and booked us on that flight. :whew:

Of course (staying the extra day) I had to hop right back into work, we are renovating the coffee shop, so I haven't started my report. :blush:

Oh wait..consider this a start. :mickey:

Chescat
01-02-2009, 04:43 PM
Wow, I am behind. Welcome back Patti. (Didn't even see you were gone. :secret: )

Patricia
01-03-2009, 09:42 AM
Hehe.. it really was last minute. Not surprised you missed it.