PDA

View Full Version : The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford

Marker
12-28-2008, 11:54 PM
I just finished watching "The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford" and would like to make one comment.... THERE ARE NO MOUNTAINS HERE!!!!!

Why is it that whenever they make a movie (or a TV show if you're old enought to remember)about Jesse James, mountains always seem to appear. Sure, mountains make for a beautiful landscape, but there are no mountains here.

Actually, I really liked the movie. Perhaps a bit long, but a well told story.

TheDuckRocks
12-29-2008, 10:49 AM
This was a movie that I let:D my hubby put on our Netflix list and I was very surprised at how much I enjoyed it.
On the issue of mountains in MO as I've never been there I bought into it!:blush:
Now having relocated to the Mid-Atlantic area 6 years ago from CA and HI, I'm constantly amazed at the foothills that are called mountains around here.:eyes:

KathyMO
12-29-2008, 12:30 PM
There are mountains in Missouri and the area where Jesse James hideout was is near the highest point in Missouri. I have attached a few links you might want to check out. If you get a chance come on over to the southeast part of the state. There are a lot of great state parks and things to see.

Kathy

[edited to remove links per TOS]

RedSoxFan
12-29-2008, 10:39 PM
I watched this movie when it was released on dvd --- thought it was a very good movie.

Marker
12-30-2008, 01:58 PM
There are mountains in Missouri and the area where Jesse James hideout was is near the highest point in Missouri. I have attached a few links you might want to check out. If you get a chance come on over to the southeast part of the state. There are a lot of great state parks and things to see.

Kathy

No doubt, Jesse James ventured to mountainous areas. And indeed, there are mountains (or big hills) in Missouri. But I assure you, there are no mountains, around Kansas City, Liberty, Kearney or St. Joseph Missouri.

Wait a minute, let me look out the window and double check........ nope, no mountains.

And now, to add to the mountain theme, I'm watching "How The West Was Won", they showing a wagon train starting in Independence Missouri, and there were mountains in the background. There are no mountains in Independence, MO either.

DisneyDog
01-05-2009, 10:24 AM
That's funny. They do stuff like that when they film around here too. Ever see National Treasure? You know the part when they run from the Liberty Bell to Reading Terminal Market in about 1/2 a second? (The scene where she hides behind the counter) Well, they would have to be Superman to get that that quickly. It's all for effect and interest.

SurferStitch
01-05-2009, 01:03 PM
DH and I watched the movie a few months ago. It was a lot better than I thought it would be. Don't know if I want to sit and watch it again, but it was enjoyable the first time.