PDA

View Full Version : Charging USB Devices

SamG
12-28-2008, 09:05 AM
My daughter brought her new MP3 player on our trip (we check in tomorrow). It only charges via USB and I didn't bring my laptop. Is there anywhere we can get it charged in the World? We're staying at the Poly.

AwPhooey
12-28-2008, 09:55 AM
If it's an iPod, Apple sells wall chargers where you plug in the USB cable and then plug the charger into an outlet.

I don't know whether or not this would work for other USB devices.

kakn7294
12-28-2008, 12:13 PM
My DDs have Disney MixMaxs that charge by USB. I was able to buy an adaptor for those that plugs into the wall. I also have an adaptor for my iPod. However, DH has a Sony sport MP3 and so far, we haven't found an adaptor for that - we can only charge it through the computer.

VWL Mom
12-28-2008, 02:11 PM
If it's an iPod, Apple sells wall chargers where you plug in the USB cable and then plug the charger into an outlet.

I don't know whether or not this would work for other USB devices.

Belkin makes a universal USB wall adapter which works the same way. Around here they are available at Wal-Mart and Staples.

TheRustyScupper
12-28-2008, 02:21 PM
My . . . Is there anywhere we can get it charged in the World? We're staying at the Poly.

1) No.
2) Not on site.
3) Unless you pay big bucks to use a computer at a business center.
4) Easier to go to Walmart and buy a charger.

wdwnomad
12-28-2008, 10:30 PM
You could ask at the front desk. People are always leaving their chargers in the hotel rooms. They might have the adapter and charger you need in the lost and found bin. They might let you borrow it. Or you could try the Virgin Megastore in Downtown Disney. They might have what you need.

DDuck66
12-29-2008, 10:52 AM
I would just go to the local Walmart and get one. There is one located outside of DTD about 5 miles down the road. We always use it for last minute items that we left or decide we need after we get to WDW. They also have a large collection of Disney souvenirs and gifts.