PDA

View Full Version : World Showcase Food Props

SandmanGStefani24
12-28-2008, 12:23 AM
I saw the post about bad eateries, and thought of this topic to see what people had to say about the WS restaurants. (good things, that is!)

I have to give a shout to Tokyo Dining. I am biased, since I love eastern cultures, but I have to say this restaurant was excellent. I recieved excellent service that was attentive but not overbearing, it was very clean and quiet, and the food was great. I will be going back when I return, and definately recommend it to anyone wanting to try some good Japanese cuisine. I also thought the Cantina de San Angel was good too, mostly because of the nice setting of eating by the lake and people watching as you ate. I might try another country this trip, so tell us your good experiences in the WS. Thanks!

DisneyGlutton
12-28-2008, 02:09 AM
I love every one of them that I've tried (Le Cellier, Rose and Crown, Chefs de France, Marrakesh,Tutto Italia, and Akershus). My problem is that I want to eat at Epcot so much that it makes my park schedule hard. The fact that all the staff comes from the actual country, and have cute accents, is awesome. It also makes me so anxious to visit the real countries that I am going insane!

Anywhoodles...of those, Tutto would have to be my new favorite--it was just as good as when I was in Italy! Akershus was also really great since it combined a good starting buffet with authentic entrees and a spectacular dessert platter (though I could take or leave the character aspect). Other people will extoll Le Cellier, and I'll leave that to them, as much as I love it too... it was the main disappointment of my past trip that I couldn't get an ADR. As for Marrakesh, hello, belly dancers and couscous!

DumboMom
12-28-2008, 10:42 AM
I loved Teppan Edo. The service was timely, friendly and funny. I loved the food and drinks. On our next trip we are taking the kids. I think they will love it.
I was also pleasantly surprised by Norway. We went for the princess aspect but we all found food that we loved.
This trip we have also added Beirgarten, this will be a first.

sassy2000
12-28-2008, 10:44 AM
Le Chefs de France is fantastic! We ate there a couple weeks ago on our last trip. The short ribs were so tender. The dessert selection is one of the best that I have found also. The staff was very friendly. We also like Marrakesh. The food is good and you are entertained by musicians and bellydancers.

disneyworld55925592
12-28-2008, 10:52 AM
I love the san angel restaurant in mexico. My family and I are vegetarians and so we asked if they had any vegetarian entrees. They gave us a seperate menu with a few options that were delicious!

Crow
12-28-2008, 01:37 PM
Ive had good and some bad at diff places at diff times.
but hands down best last trip was Tokyo Dining. the service was great, good sushi....and of course the CMs dont hurt:thumbsup:
had good meal at Les Chef this last trip....and in the past at Marrakesh

Natazu
12-28-2008, 04:28 PM
I don't really read the threads about "worst" or "bad" things at Disney. As far as World Showcase goes, one can find little to complain about. Marrakesh, Le Cellier, Rose & Crown - these places are among my favorites on property. Tokyo Dining has some of the best sushi ever to touch a bento box. I love Biergarten and San Angel Inn for lunch. I've made many a trek through the international gateway just for an ADR.

sshahan76
12-31-2008, 09:34 PM
We had a wonderful meal there too the week before Christmas. The view, the friendly service, the cleanliness, the menu, the desserts, the cherry blossom martini, the sushi...even the restrooms were top of the line!!!! Plus you can go outdoors for a great patio view for Illuminations! Best spot in the World Showcase I think!

We also had a superb meal on the patio off the water at Rose & Crown and a great view another night for Illuminations from the garden patio seating too!

We also loved 1900 Park Fare for breakfast. That was so nice too!

Love, Love, Love Epcot World Showcase Dining! :joy:

Simba's Mom
01-01-2009, 09:45 AM
I asked DH for his "least favorite resturant" at WDW, because I couldn't think of one. He also had a hard time. He finally decided his was Chefs de France, only because the onion soup wasn't to his liking-not that it was bad, just not for him. I love Chefs de France. My favorite, though, is Rose and Crown for lunch-usually it isn't too difficult to get the back deck then, and it's so much fun to watch the friendship boats going back and forth.

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-01-2009, 12:22 PM
We just got back...our favorite WS restaurant was LeCellier, no contest

cindchan
01-03-2009, 11:22 PM
Marrakesh is my fave of the Epcot restaurants! I eat there every time, and always catch the show! I just love the food, and the staff is really nice.

I ate at Rose and Crown for the first time, last time. I had the dining plan and was trying to find a place sit down place to eat. After no luck with two or three places (where you apparently have to have reservations months in advance), I stopped at Rose and Crown. I told them about having a hard time finding someplace to eat, and they said, 'well, we like you here." :mickey: It was a brief wait, so I enjoyed the street show, and then went to eat. Loved the food there! The waitress was from Scotland and (having been there) had a wonderful conversation with her. She also understood my complaint about not having clotted cream for the scones! Instead, it was served with whipped cream(no I didn't order it, I want clotted cream. Okay, maybe I'm a bit of a scones snob ;)). My waitress didn't get that either. That was my only complaint about Rose and Crown. No clotted cream??? So much for authentic. :P

But even without clotted cream for their scones, I'll still go back to Rose and Crown, because the staff was really friendly, and I loved it there!

mouseketeer mom
01-04-2009, 08:02 AM
One reads very little about Tokyo Dining on these boards. We are trying it in March. We were not impresseed with Teppan Edo before the rehab so figured we would give Tokyo dining a shot. Thanks for the great review, now I'm really excited!!