PDA

View Full Version : Pets allowed

ToDisney
12-27-2008, 05:34 PM
Hi!
I'm trying to find a Hotel near Downtown Disney that allows pets. I have a very small yorkie. We always stay onsite at Disney resorts because we are going to the parks and he stays with Grandma. But this is a short weekend visit and I thought since we were not going to any parks we could look for a place that he could stay with us. I never expected it to be so difficult. I want to be close to Downtown Disney so my Daughter and I can spend time there while my husband and son are at their tourny on Sat.
Thanks for any help and suggestions.
:puppy:

MNNHFLTX
12-28-2008, 07:55 PM
I don't know of any pet-friendly hotels in extremely close proximity to Downtown Disney. I belong to a pet travel website and according to its database there are only two nearby, Comfort Inn Lake Buena Vista and Residence Inn Lake Buena Vista. I know the fee for pets at the Residence Inn is rather steep, especially for a short weekend trip; not sure about Comfort Inn. I believe both are about a mile away from DD. La Quinta also accept small dogs, but there isn't one near DD that I know of.

If you do find an acceptable hotel, make sure and inquire about any restrictions. Some hotels allow pets, but not to be left alone in the room, which would hinder your visit. Don't forget that you can also board your pup at the WDW kennels, if need be.

DDuck66
12-29-2008, 10:27 AM
We have stayed at the Sheraton Safari Suites located just outside of DTD on Apopka Vineland. It is about a 15 minute walk to DTD or about a 5 minute car drive. The rooms are nice and clean, but it is about $100 for a queen room and $150 for a small suite. You can also stay at the Holiday Inn Sunspree. It is a little further away, about a 10 minute car drive. They are both pet friendly and allow dogs of up to 25 pounds.

ToDisney
12-29-2008, 03:03 PM
Thank you both for the info!!

DDuck? How long ago did you stay at the Sheraton Safari Suites, and how did you like your room? I'll check out the website, but do you know if they have refrigerators & microwaves?

I don't think leaving him in the room only is an issue. We won't be at the parks over the weekend, and there is plenty of outdoor seating at DDT so we can grab a bite to eat and sit outside where he can people watch. Hope the weather is nice.

Thanks again:mickey:

DDuck66
12-30-2008, 03:36 PM
I stayed at the Sheraton Safai Suites less than a year ago. The suites have a fridge and a microwave. I cannot remember if the regular rooms do. I highly recommend the suite if you can get it and the $$$ is not too bad. There are also several nearby places to eat, if you do not want DTD. There is a Giordano's about a half mile away that had really good pizza and spaghetti!!! Much better than any of the pizza at WDW.