PDA

View Full Version : How about these dining plans?

WDWRox
12-27-2008, 11:01 AM
We're going to WDW the last week in January and have others coming with us. They've picked out a few spots they thought sounded good, and we're willing to try them too.

I'd like some opinions on the following places we have ADRs for that we've never eaten at:

50's Primetime Cafe (lunch)
Coral Reef Restaurant (lunch)
'Ohana (breakfast)
Crystal Palace (dinner)
Donald Safari Breakfast (Tusker House - AK)

DumboMom
12-27-2008, 11:25 AM
The 50's Prime Time is cute if you like getting yelled at for leaving your elbows on the table. :) The food wasn't memorable but you go for the experience of the 50's home life more.

I went to the old Donald Duck breakfast and it was wonderful. The kids and adults had a great time. Breakfast food is usually pretty standard at all the places but the characters made there way around nicely.

I think you will have fun at both places. :mickey:

GrmGrninGost
12-27-2008, 12:10 PM
Great choices! Especially 50's PT and Coral Reef! These are two of our most favorites! The only one I would question at all is CP. We enjoy CP for breakfast but have not been impressed with their dinner.

sassy2000
12-27-2008, 03:48 PM
Good choices. We have eaten at all of those. Coral Reef and 50's Prime Time Cafe are very good. The pot roast at 50's is delicious. We are not big breakfast eaters but enjoyed both Ohana and Tusker House for the characters. I think my kids liked the Lilo and Stitch better. As for CP... 1st time we ate there was pretty good... 2nd time was just a couple weeks ago and I was alittle disappointed. The character experience is good but the food was only average. :mickey:

DisneyGlutton
12-27-2008, 04:58 PM
Coral Reef is always a must do for me. I mean, your table overlooks a huge aquarium and fish et al swim by during your meal...how can you beat that? The Land and Sea appetizer is my favorite, and the Grilled Chicken Breast was surprisingly excellent when I tried it.

nicjohn3
12-27-2008, 05:04 PM
We have eaten at CP twice, most recently, on Thanksgiving Day. Both times have been really good. Thanksgiving Day had a great "turkey meal" that we missed with the family that day back home.

Coral Reef will be on my list every time we go. My hubbie and I both had the steak. That was the best steak I have ever had! I am not much of a "steak" person, but I could eat that everyday:blush:

stitchaholic
12-28-2008, 05:43 AM
crystal palace seems to get slammed alot on this site,we went there for dinner last january and i loved it,it is a good buffet with alot of choices,and even some healthy choices,my kids loved it too!

IamBelle
12-28-2008, 09:09 AM
50's is a really good restaurant. we went there in aug. for dinner, they give a lot of food for diner, so they probably will give a lot for lunch.
Crystal palace is really good also. we loved it so much we went there for breakfast and then again for lunch on the same day!
Ohana's is also really good. it is a buffet and they bring the food to you. the characters go around and they do a parade with all of the kids.

I don't think I hve ever been to the donald breakfast, although i did go to donald's restaurantosaurus . I have also never been to the coral reef.
Good luck and have a wonderful trip!

jensantuit
12-28-2008, 09:24 AM
We went to Donald's Safari Breakfast in September and loved it. The food was wonderful, my picky DS 4 ate a lot of food. The character interaction was great and we actually saw the characters a couple of times and we weren't there for a long time.

We have done CP for dinner once and would definitely go there again. Character interaction again was great.

We haven't eaten at the breakfast at Ohana before but friends of ours have gone a few times and love it. We will be going there in September and can't wait to try it out.

I think you will enjoy these restaurants, have a great time. :mickey:

pdrlkr
12-28-2008, 10:01 AM
Great choices! :thumbsup: :mickey:

Natazu
12-28-2008, 04:20 PM
Looks like a lot of fun and good times. Enjoy your trip.